Dana White Terrorized by One UFC Fighter's Fans

How do you see it?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Speaking on Instagram on Tuesday, UFC President divulged that he’s recently been “terrorized” by passionate Tony Ferguson fans, who are demanding he grant the top lightweight contender a title shot.

He reminds those fans that he has not denied Ferguson a title shot outright, and that UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov is currently tied up with a UFC 242 fight with interim champion Dustin Poirier anyway.

“When did I say that this guy doesn’t deserve anything? I mean if you do your homework on the Tony Ferguson thing, how many times have Tony Ferguson and Khabib [Nurmagomedov] been lined up to fight? It didn’t work out,” White said (via MMA Fighting).

“He was the interim champion, blew his knee out, he had to have ACL surgery. He was out. We just offered him the fight with [Dustin] Poirier to fight Khabib next, he turned the fight down. Then he came back a few weeks later and was ready to fight again.

“Everybody’s acting like I’ve denied Tony his shot at the title,” White continued. “It’s just that he’s had a bad string of luck and things haven’t gone his way. But everybody’s terrorizing me like I’m not giving him what he deserves. If you’re a fan of the sport, you saw how this whole thing played out. That’s how we got where we are now.”

We've waited like 4 fucking years but ok

Breaking news:

“Connor fights the winner of Dustin/Khabib, GSP gets the winner”

Dana white

Dana is correct about how we ended up here no doubt.

However he has been non committal to saying tony is next after the dustin khabib fight which is bullshit.

Tony fucks Kabeeb up and Dana knows it.

Protecting his boy. This has been proven with Dana not making the rematch with Conor too.

I agree with Dana. This fight has fallen through like 4 or 5 times already.

We just offered him the fight with [Dustin] Poirier to fight Khabib next, he turned the fight down.

Dana really shot his own argument in the foot right there.

Ferg has deserved a title-shot since like... 2015. He shouldn't have to fight another fight to get a title-shot under any circumstances. Ferg doesn't need to defeat Poirier to cement his status as the Nr 1 contender.

Bad weight cuts and injuries, it's all Dana's fault.

Ferguson will have cleaned out the top 10 three times over, and pink goof will still be making excuses of why he doesn't deserve a shot at the strap.

Hate on Dana all you want, but he's right about this one

Even if the next shot goes to McGregor, it's a matter of bad timing more than anything else. All he had to do was accept the fight with Holloway and win, and he'd be where Dustin is right now.

Dana really shot his own argument in the foot right there.

Ferg has deserved a title-shot since like... 2015. He shouldn't have to fight another fight to get a title-shot under any circumstances. Ferg doesn't need to defeat Poirier to cement his status as the Nr 1 contender.
he ducked the last title shot he had by tripping on a cable

Honestly I feel that it's a little of column A and B. I certainly don't feel it's right that Tony hasn't lost a fight since winning an interim belt and still had his title revoked (not that titles seem to mean much these days), but I don't believe there's really a way the UFC could have anticipated/prepared for all the bad luck that has occured. I would venture to say, however, that it isn't necessarily fair that it was Khabib that was granted the title shot with Conor instead of Tony, but it could have been argued that it'd be unfair for Khabib if he wasn't. It's a difficult situation no matter how you cut it. If I were Tony, I'd be upset too but I don't believe that there is a solution that would have pleased everyone.

what a dope

heh, we offered him another interim title and he turned it down

i wonder why he turned it down?

tony got injured then HAD to fight pettis in stead of khabib??

HHHAADD to fight donald cerrone?

not one person would have said anything about tony coming back to a title shot Both times thats why dana is getting bombarded. give him the title shot.

Last edited:
We've waited like 4 fucking years but ok

They signed to fight 4 times already and both pulled out of the fight twice. How's that Dana's fault?

3000 posts in 2 months doesnt make you smart

<36>

Back