Anyone think Khabib chose not to finish Conor in rd2?

TheLastEmperorReurns

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rewatched the fight so many times and it seems like Khabib could have kimurad Conor for rd 2 finish like he did to Michael Johnson but he chose not to.

Also it’s like he could have ground and pounded till TKO but he instead chose to stop and reposition.

I get the idea of wanting to extend punishment on Conor but imo he robbed himself of a flawless victory that would have made Conor look worse than Michael Johnson and instead made Conor officially the only fighter to win a round against Khabib.

Well he said in one of his early interviews that he wasn't going to finish him early. That he was going to teach him to be humble.

If I were in the cage with an enemy, I'd just hit him with body shots and elbows to the mouth all night. Maybe try to carve my initials into his forehead with elbows as well

I don't think so. I always thought he wanted to stand in the 3rd (kinda like the 3rd & 4th in the Iaquinta fight) to either test or display his striking.

No, Conor is just better on the ground than people give him credit for, Sherdog away though.

It's possible but not smart bc theres always a chance to make a mistake and get ko'ed. If you can win win not play.

I broke my foot............Fetal.

I don't think so. I think Conor's constant rule breaking was why he didn't get finished in round 2. He was grabbing the fence while Khabib had him in a Kimura and threw an illegal knee. There was also a bunch of glove grabbing and grabbing the shorts and fence throughout the fight from Conor.

How does losing a MMA context make someone “humble” I never got that line. Does he really thinks his pitter patter shots was Gonna change McGregors mindset?

Anyway Ferguson retires both.
Screenshot_20190614-084827.png

He also chose not to kill him or maim him for life.

He tried to finish in rd 2 with a kimura but took a knee to his head.

There should be a separate forum for these garbage Khabib/Conor threads. Both fan groups are incredibly obnoxious but Khabib's "fans" post more about Conor than anyone. Ignored, TS

Lol at khabib killing anyone^^.
The worse McGregor we’ve ever seen(injured and off a two year bender) was physically able to whoop Khabibs brother after the fight. Embarrassing. The rematch is gonna be something special, the tears on Sherdog will be glorious.
Well,conor did say its only business,and begged khabib not to kill him. I mean hes lucky he allowed conor to leave the cage with his jaw intact.

Deadwing is being incredibly childish and refusing to acknowledge the context in those SS.
I would post some of my own but I’m past this silly “feud” with Deadwing, he’s beneath me.
Haha, im beneath you, newsguy.
<bball2>
In what context, do you describe someone as being part of a bomb plot. Your a bigot, who has spread islamphobia over 12 alt accounts. That's the facts.. lol

Last edited:
Well,conor did say its only business,and begged khabib not to kill him. I mean hes lucky he allowed conor to leave the cage with his jaw intact.
lol at begged him not to kill him.....funny.

No, Conor is just better on the ground than people give him credit for, Sherdog away though.
No he isn't, Conor didn't have shit for that man, khabib wanted to beat him up for 5 rounds. I think the fact that Herb let Conor get away with so much cheating in the 3rd round is the reason he finished him in the fourth. Look at how pissed Khabib is at Herb at the end of round 3. Dean really should be displined for that shit. As it stands, Conor officially won the 3rd round. It's ironic, because it's really round he gave up in.

Last edited:
Back