Bold prediction #1: Maia will be robbed against Martin

AimedWithV

Double Yellow Card
@Silver
Reaction score
Maia will take majority of the fight time with grappling, securing good positions but being unable to finish.
Rocco Shmocco will find success in standup during the last round, maybe in the end of the second a bit.
Judges will be either unanimous 29-28 on Martin side, or split.
Martin will be booed.

Discuss.

Before his last fight I would've picked Rocco Martin for sure because of his striking and great cardio but his TDD proved to be rather mediocre when he got taken down multiple times by Moraes, who's not half the wrestler Maia is.

I still like him against Maia, tbh I think he's a really underrated grappler and could actually get the better of Maia in some grappling exchanges.

It will probably look like Jacare vs Hermansson where the elite BJJ guy will get outgrappled because his gas tank runs dry too quickly.

I still like him against Maia, tbh I think he's a really underrated grappler and could actually get the better of Maia in some grappling exchanges.

You know there are probably less than 20 people in the whole world who could actually do that?

Before his last fight I would've picked Rocco Martin for sure because of his striking and great cardio but his TDD proved to be rather mediocre when he got taken down multiple times by Moraes, who's not half the wrestler Maia is.

It will probably look like Jacare vs Hermansson where the elite BJJ guy will get outgrappled because his gas tank runs dry too quickly.

I don't understand. Is TS saying that he'll actually do enough to win but get fucked by the judges? = He gets robbed
Or.
That he will have the bulk of control but actually lose the fight due to the type of activity Martin at the end of the rounds? He actually loses

I don't understand. Is TS saying that he'll actually do enough to win but get fucked by the judges? = He gets robbed
Or.
That he will have the bulk of control but actually lose the fight due to the type of activity Martin at the end of the rounds? He actually loses

The former, but some will say that the latter

The former, but some will say that the latter

I love Maia. One of the last guys that embodies what the UFC once was. Art v Art to see which fighting style is the most effective. Amazing how far he has gotten when you consider the things that he is not that good at.
It's a fucking phenomenal feat. Very few guys that stick with one art get anywhere near as far as he has.

Joint 2nd for most UFC wins. I'll always watch him.

Did you guys call Hermansson (who doesn't even have a BJJ belt) outgrappling Jacare and almost choking him unconscious?
I actually did, Jacare was clearly focusing too much on striking before that fight, gotta keep training BJJ or the skills will deteriorate

Maia robs us of an actual fight every single time he gets in cage. Take the L and retire is best way it could play out.

Back