Predict when Usman finallu decides to stop ducking covington

Wellthereitis

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The more as time passes I see this as a new years card... Oh and new

WTF. He only just won the belt a few months ago, plus Cringey has had every opportunity to fight Usman & wanted no part of him.

I'm predicting Oct/ Nov

Colby still fights? He's been sidelined for over a year now.

No one at WW is ready for Colby to make WW great again.

WTF. He only just won the belt a few months ago, plus Cringey has had every opportunity to fight Usman & wanted no part of him.

I'm predicting Oct/ Nov
Usman already stated in an interview that he won't fight in 2019 bc of "injuries he already had for a couple of fights". It's just sad how every champ suddenly needs every little issue fixed, but when they were in contention they had no problem fighting with it.

UFC should just have a rule of 6 months no title defense = immediate strip of the belt.

It's just sad how every champ suddenly needs every little issue fixed, but when they were in contention they had no problem fighting with it.
Yes obviously. They now have the financial security to actually rehab and rest. Good for them.

I'm predicting Oct/ Nov
It was almost half a year ago now no?
Edit:maybe a quarter? Shouldn't he have a bout signed?

Usman already stated in an interview that he won't fight in 2019 bc of "injuries he already had for a couple of fights". It's just sad how every champ suddenly needs every little issue fixed, but when they were in contention they had no problem fighting with it.

UFC should just have a rule of 6 months no title defense = immediate strip of the belt.

Must have missed that about Usman being out.

I agree about having a set term in which a champ needs to have defended, but with how brutal MMA is on the body I'd make it a year.

Must have missed that about Usman being out.

I agree about having a set term in which a champ needs to have defended, but with how brutal MMA is on the body I'd make it a year.
You can make it 6 months and have some rules that could extend that period if there's serious need for it (UFC doctor checks etc.)

Yes i'm not blaming the fighters for it, I would do the same. But the UFC should fix this.
Just pay all the fighters more and standardize the pay scale for champs.

Theres a reason why the closer guys get to a title shot the more risk averse they seem to tend to be. The pay structure rewards that, and being a champion is so drastically different than being a contender that champions want to hold on to their belts as long as humanly possible. I think it's the only sport like this besides boxing.

I'm predicting Oct/ Nov
To be fair, Jon Jones is defending his belt pretty soon here and also fought at 235. Does Usman have any fight announced? I'm honestly asking. Not trying to be a dick.

To be fair, Jon Jones is defending his belt pretty soon here and also fought at 235. Does Usman have any fight announced? I'm honestly asking. Not trying to be a dick.

I missed it when announced but has been mentioned above that Usman is injured & unlikely to fight now in 2019.

I give Jones a lot of shit but currently on target to fight four times in a year which for this era is amazing.

I'm predicting Oct/ Nov

Almost 4 months and not even rumors of a title defense being scheduled yet is not a good look for a new champ in my opinion.

Colby is a better wrestler than Usman with a bigger gas tank. Probably the second best cardio in the sport next to Tony. Kamaru only really has a striking advantage and it’s not much of one.

This is an incredibly difficult fight for Usman and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s doing a little bit of ducking.

If Kamaru can’t defend this year he should be stripped and Colby should fight for belt. No interim, no bs.

I love that Usman keeps getting called out to defend or be stripped after having just won the belt.
The Alanis level irony here being that it's almost exclusively just so he can fight Covington (Who literally hasn't fought in a year).

Seeing dudes get upset about this and try to spin it as anything other than because they've allowed their political ideology to affect every aspect of their lives is literally the most interesting thing about the WW division currently.

Colby is a better wrestler than Usman with a bigger gas tank. Probably the second best cardio in the sport next to Tony. Kamaru only really has a striking advantage and it’s not much of one.

This is an incredibly difficult fight for Usman and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s doing a little bit of ducking.

If Kamaru can’t defend this year he should be stripped and Colby should fight for belt. No interim, no bs.

This is not easy for me to agree with. Also equally hard to argue against. I'd say that Marty's making him wait. I'd say that he could've fought before and Colby chose to wait... for what ever reason.

Doesn't matter really, If he stays champ, he'll have to fight him in the end.

Back