Just watched Jones vs. Cormier 2 for the first time

Steven_Universe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And Jones looked very hittable in that fight.

DC was hitting him and connecting.

Until the head kick I might have had DC winning.

I like Jones. But I think he looked mortal standing.

They split rounds while Jones was setting up the head kick.

Jones was landing like 10 leg kicks for every one of DCs punches then BOOP he kick high and that was it

DC is amazing of course it was competitive

Jones is better..

Jones was 20-18 in the scorecards going in the third and was winning the exchanges before the headkick.

DC is one of the greatest MMA fighters ever. He has proven that he can stay competitive with Jones for 2-3 rounds. But let's be real here. He's 1/8 in rounds against Jones.

If DC is a 8.5, Jones is a 10.

And Jones looked very hittable in that fight.

DC was hitting him and connecting.

Until the head kick I might have had DC winning.

I like Jones. But I think he looked mortal standing.

Jones told DC how he would finish him and did it. I could care less how Jones looked. When you can tell a guy how you will finish him before the fight and you still get finished like that, that's fucking incredible. At this level of the game anyways.

I haven’t seen it in forever. I think I had DC winning round 1 and Jon ahead in round 2. I did like DCs game plan the 2nd fight better. He never abandoned his wrestling in the first and he gassed out attempting takedowns to save his pride. 2nd fight he just came forward and used dirty boxing in the clinch instead of pummeling and wrestling.

Shame DCs soft underbelly forces him to react in such exaggerated ways. Jon knew what he was doing. I hate on him a lot but he played DC like a fiddle with those kicks.

Last edited:
But... is Jones willing to pulse up to Heavyweight and try for a third time. Also, got Modded that night so keep it classy Sherdog. :)

But... is Jones will to pulse up to Heavyweight and try for a third time. Also, got Modded that night so keep it classy Sherdog. :)
"pulse up to Heavyweight"--whatcha mean by that?

The second fight was competitive before the finish; the first one was not. No one, from either side, should dispute that.

Jones is nothing without his reach advantage. He can kick short DC from across the cage.

DC is top 5 best in the game. Saying Jones looked mortal next to him would be a correct assertion. And a compliment to Jones

Back