Frankie beats Max

Frankie is like 4ft

Max will mess him up

Most guys wrestle less as they get older. Has Frankie wrestled much in the last 5 years? He didn't via Aldo. Mendes & Ortega were over fast. He did against Yair, but that hardly counts for much. I don't remember him grappling v Stephens.

Did he grapple in either of the Cub bouts, anyone? And/or Stephens, if I'm remembering that fight wrong?

Point being, TS's question may not matter. I believe Frankie has mostly kept it standing since he was the LW champ. And it could very well be two fast and durable strikers....but one is taller, quicker, and younger.

Last edited:
i love frankie to death
i just dont see him winning this fight

2012 Frankie does, most likely. 37-year old Frankie probably doesn't. Age is a bigger factor the lighter you go in weight class. That's why you don't see 145-pound champs in MMA or boxing who are over 40 but there have been HWs like Cormier, George Foreman, Couture, etc.

I want to believe. I think Max stops Frankie before the championship rounds though but it would be amazing if Frankie can win. We shall see.

Most guys wrestle less as they get older. Has Frankie wrestled much in the last 5 years? He didn't via Aldo. Mendes & Ortega were over fast. He did against Yair, but that hardly counts for much. I don't remember him grappling v Stephens.

Did he grapple in either of the Cub bouts, anyone? And/or Stephens, if I'm remembering that fight wrong?

Point being, TS's question may not matter. I believe Frankie has mostly kept it standing since he was the LW champ. And it could very well be two fast and durable strikers....but one is taller, quicker, and younger.

What?

He grappled alot in both the Stephens and Cub fights.

My cousin made a thread about it. Frankie wins, probably 3rd finish.

People talking about the size advantage are clowns, Edgar’s been the smaller man practically his entire career, he beat a former WW champ ffs.

I won’t mind Holloway winning though.
Your cousin haha..
Not fooling anyone, newsguy.

I haven't made up my mind completely but I hope Max wins. Love Frankie but he's at the tail end of his career, he won't be able to do much as champ even if he wins it. I'd rather see Holloway's streak at Featherweight continue

Is this one of those i seen it in a dream threads? Thats the only way Frankie wins this gift of a fight

If Ortega could KO Frankie (and his stand up is nothing to write home about) just imagine what Max is gonna do with his high volume attack and reach advantage. Wrestling is the only hope Frankie's got.

Back