Paulo Costa says ex-trainer attempted to blackmail him with IV video

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Costa now says that an ex-trainer was the “snitch” responsible for the footage.

“He was already identified and removed from the team,” Costa told Ag. Fight. “This person tried to send it to several people. It’s a tragicomic situation. He hurt himself a lot because he was cut from the team. He was part of the team and betrayed not only my confidence, but every fighter’s (confidence), I believe. I don’t know if a trainer can have the confidence of a fighter or a gym owner now because if he does that to one fighter, he’ll do to another. This guy has to be banned from the sport.”

Costa did not reveal the name of the trainer.

“He tried to use that short moment to hurt me and extort me with that video,” he added. “He said, ‘If you don’t give me this amount of money…’ That completely broke the confidence and I obviously didn’t even try to negotiate because I knew what I was doing.”

The undefeated middleweight, who is slated to return to the eight-sided cage against Yoel Romeroat UFC 241 on Aug. 17, says he made the mistake of trusting the trainer at the time, having him in his hotel room prior to the fights.

“I had this trainer in the UFC for one fight before, and he did that in the second one,” Costa said. “I believe he thought, ‘He’s in the UFC, making a lot of money, I’ll extort him.’ I had worked with him four or five years before (joining) the UFC, but there was no extortion because I wasn’t making money [laughs].”

Costa hasn’t fought since July 2018, when he stopped Uriah Hall in the second round at UFC 226. Since then, a middleweight clash with Romero has been in the works multiple times but never came to fruition. Unbeaten in 12 professional fights, Costa is 4-0 in the UFC with four stoppage victories.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/6/...a-ex-trainer-attempted-blackmail-iv-video-ufc

Last edited:
So his trainer is PRO Rules/ANTI PEDs.....and the trainer is the bad guy? <mma3>

Unnatty guy is mad cuz his "secret" is out...Is normal<mma4>

Costa is full natty and that piece of shit traitor tried to railroad him

He's a jacked brown boy and no one can deal with it

LOL

It's all the trainers fault.

Costa is starting to sound like Juicehead with all the BS.

So his trainer is PRO Rules/ANTI PEDs.....and the trainer is the bad guy? <mma3>

It's like people wishing physical harm to McGregor or McGregor's circle; because McGregor doesn't take hardcore mma statistics serious enough.

IV is for rehydration, nothing to do with PEDs. May 2019 join date. Checks out

so his trainer knew he was cheating and he didnt care to cover it up......"because there was no money". Seems shady if they both knew he was breaking the rules. People like that dont often pick certain rules to follow and to break. Im not accusing him of anything but this whole situation is shady. I hope Yoel KO's this guy

Trainer was jealous of the Natty Brazilian Greek God...

That clearly wasn't an IV it was a dropper dripping cold water on his bawls, we all seen what happens when your bawls is hot.

IVs can be used for PEDs tho...That's why they are banned...I forgot, either to Mask PEDs or you can actually put PEDs on it.

To protect clean sport and athlete health and safety. It is a fact that IVs can be used to change blood test results (such as hematocrit where EPO or blood doping is being used), mask urine test results (by dilution) or by administering prohibited substances in a way that will more quickly be cleared from the body in order to beat an anti-doping test.
https://www.mmamania.com/2016/5/24/...y-letter-explaining-recent-iv-ban-bj-penn-mma

You know NADA about USADA.

So he's admitting he knew he should not have been doing it..

Can't blackmail him for nothing

So basically this ends the Jon Jones snitching rumours.

Why do you presume that?

You think the trainer gave the video to USADA for no reward? If the trainer gave the video to usada a) he would have got nothing for it b) Would have been charged himself with being party to a violation being committed.

Or, he sold it to Malki/Jones..

The second is far more likely (and would also explain why Yoel was able to post the original video on his social media - Yoel had access to the original)

If anything, the fact he was looking for cash for it makes selling it to Malki/John MUCH more likely than giving it to USADA for free. This totally reinforces the Jones/Malki theory. Word gets round a guy is hawking a video of Costa committing a violation, Malki be all over that shit..

IV Is nothing to do with rehydration

IV's are prohibited because they are used to mask the use of prohibited substances.

If you are gonna ball on other people, you might wanna get your facts right.

Why do you presume that?

You think the trainer gave the video to USADA for no reward? If the trainer gave the video to usada a) he would have got nothing for it b) Would have been charged himself with being party to a violation being committed.

Or, he sold it to Malki/Jones..

The second is far more likely (and would also explain why Yoel was able to post the original video on his social media)

If anything, the fact he was looking for cash for it makes selling it to Malki/John MUCH more likely than giving it to USADA for free.
Why would jones/malki pay for for this?

Its not like they have a dealine they need to meet with usada and were desperate.
That is some major assumption on anyones part to create this whole scenario.

The lengths some of you go to connect jones to wrong doings is really creative and desperate

Why would jones/malki pay for for this?

Its not like they have a dealine they need to meet with usada and were desperate.
That is some major assumption on anyones part

Um, because giving USADA videos of other athletes committing violations goes towards the 30 month reduction Jones got.

How else do you think Jones got a 30 month reduction on his punishment?

Um, because giving USADA videos of other athletes committing violations goes towards the 30 month reduction Jones got.

How else do you think Jones got a 30 month reduction on his punishment?
You dont know how these things work internally.

You are 100% assuming they had to find something ASAP to fulfill some kind of deal

IV Is nothing to do with rehydration

IV's are prohibited because they are used to mask the use of prohibited substances.

If you are gonna ball on other people, you might wanna get your facts right.

IVs are great for rehydration.

Ivs are prohibited because they CAN be used to mask the use of prohibited substances.

You should get your facts right as well.

Back