Fights that made fighters drop weight classes?

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm sure there are a lot of examples. Cerrone has done it to multiple fighters. Oliveira, Siver and Jury all decided they were Featherweights after losing to Cerrone. I doubt there are very many other fighters who have directly caused their opponents to switch weight classes but what are some other good examples?? I'm not referring to fighters that moved up in weight for a few fights before deciding to move back down either, I mean fighters who had most their fights at one weight class before getting beaten down to a lower weight class.

Randy losing to ricco.
Next fight tko'd chuck at 205 to become LHW interim champ. Then next fight beat tito to become the legit LHW champ

fbDlq.gif

Brandon Vera
HW to LHW (back-to-back losses to Sylvia and Werdum)

Wanderlei Silva
LHW to Franklinweight to MW (back-to-back losses to Rampage and Franklin)

Michael Bisping
LHW to MW (lost to Rashad Evans)

Carmelo Marrero was a heavyweight. He actually exposed Kongo, using his wrestling.

Ran into Gabriel Gonzaga and moved the fuck down to 205.

Bendo sent Edgar to FW after beating him twice in a row. The 2nd fight was a big robbery though.

Bendo sent Frankie down to featherweight.

Rory sent Nate back down to lightweight.

Urijah sent Cruz down to bantamweight, then Aldo did the same to Faber.

Strikeforce Lorenz Larkin being ragged dolled and almost beaten to death by a juiced to the gills King Mo lawal. Sent him down to MW.

never saw that one, Cruz - DJ i assume, have to watch it
It was actually a pretty good fight. DJ was way out sized but gave it a good go. I believe this was before he went full time training.

But on topic of this thread it’s incorrect. MM would have fought 125 all along had it been in the UFC.

Back