usada testing query?

Dana's Moonface

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Does Usada test fighters after they announce retirement?

Even for six months or so, just in case they make a comeback?

I often wonder if some fighters 'retire' so they can supplement themselves without worrying about popping!

Thoughts?

they test until they leave the testing pool i dont know how long they need to be back in the pool to be allowed to fight again

Saying you're retired doesn't make you retired...you have to officially notify USADA that you are, and if you do so you're taken out of the testing pool. If you decide to come back you have to be in the testing pool for 6 months before you can have a fight.....of course the UFC can waive this if they want to....IE Brock against Mark Hunt.

They can’t just say “I’m retired” and they stop getting tested. They have to submit it in writing to USADA and the athletic commissions where they are licensed.

From their policy:
https://ufc.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/UFC-anti-doping-policy-EN.pdf
5.7.3 An Athlete who gives notice of retirement to UFC, or has otherwise ceased to have a contractual relationship with UFC due to Athlete- Initiated Inactivity, may not resume competing in UFC Bouts until he/she has given UFC written notice of his/her intent to resume competing and has made him/herself available for Testing for
a period of six months before returning to competition. UFC
may grant an exemption to the six-month written notice rule in exceptional circumstances or where the strict application of that rule would be manifestly unfair to an Athlete.

Most of them retire just to get out of their shitty contracts. Wait about a year then "unretire" and join another promotion.

most recent being Vitor

Should get in touch with USADA brass

No one thought of that TS. Better tweet @ them

Most of them retire just to get out of their shitty contracts. Wait about a year then "unretire" and join another promotion.

most recent being Vitor
Lol that is not how it works at all. Your an absolute dumbass if you think retiring just gets you out of a contract

They test querys and straights.

preview.jpg

Does Usada test fighters after they announce retirement?

Even for six months or so, just in case they make a comeback?

I often wonder if some fighters 'retire' so they can supplement themselves without worrying about popping!

Thoughts?
No they do not. Fighters not named Jon Jones or Brock Lesnar have to be in the testing pool for 6 months before fighting.

If they retire, they need to be in the testing pool for 6 months before they can fight. I thought this was common knowledge?

Depends if the fighter chooses to stay in the usada pool

For example, Faber stayed in the usada testing pool

Saying you're retired doesn't make you retired...you have to officially notify USADA that you are, and if you do so you're taken out of the testing pool. If you decide to come back you have to be in the testing pool for 6 months before you can have a fight.....of course the Atheletic commision can waive this if they want to....IE Brock against Mark Hunt.
Fixed

Back