Should the UFC bring back Phil Davis?

Egészségére!

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Should the UFC bring back Phil Davis (20-5)?

facts

1. He's gone 7-2 since going to Bellator
2. He's never been finished - let alone ko'd
2. Three of his five career losses have been split decisions (60%)
3. He hasn't had a non split decision loss since Rumble in 2014
4. His last loss (split decision) was against Fightmatrix #2 ranked LHW in world Nemkov
5. His last two wins have been 3rd round ko's

I know he had a rep as a boring fighter who moved well but never pulled the trigger, and when he did is was for a takedown that rarely amounted to anything. But fighters evolve and the division is looking kind of weak right now. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Walker, Reyes, Smith, Gus, etc., would you?

giphy.gif

Lhw is gonna be barren again after Walker and Reyes and maybe Volk. Sign him up so Jon has a fight and can pulse all over Phil's face

Gus is retired, Smith is gatekeeper at best, I would hate to see Davis fight up coming prospects as Reyes or Walker. There is a big chance he would win and kill their win streak.
On the other hand I wouldnt mind if Davis won few fights in UFC. He might get nice streak himself and he would be better fight for Jones then Smith was imho.

LHW is flatter than piss on a plate. Phil could come in, spank two MWs and get a title shot against Jon. I’ve wanted to see this matchup for awhile. Striking would be a snoozer but I’d like to see Phil’s wrestling and size against Jon. Better than the MW buffet Jons parked at for the foreseeable future.

Well, they have GDR & Aspen Ladd headlining a card FFS.

So it’s going to be a yes for me.

Not against Phil Davis returning to the UFC but he’s being taken care of money wise in Bellator no? Davis would do well on the UFC’s LHW division.

What would be the point? He ain't gonna win against the top 5.

It would be a worthless endeavor

LHW is flatter than piss on a plate. Phil could come in, spank two MWs and get a title shot against Jon. I’ve wanted to see this matchup for awhile. Striking would be a snoozer but I’d like to see Phil’s wrestling and size against Jon. Better than the MW buffet Jons parked at for the foreseeable future.
So just out of curiosity is the guy so many thought would be the one to dethrone Jones before DC beat him twice a WW?

How about the current MW Champ and the top contender he was last scheduled to defend his title against, both WWs right?

How about the current Interm LW Champ, he's a FW correct?

If he can't take Bader down he stands no chance of taking Bones down.

What would be the point? He ain't gonna win against the top 5.

It would be a worthless endeavor
Lol, except he was winning against the top 5 when they cut him and the last guy in the UFC to beat him.

Beat Machida, lost to rumble, beat Glover, lost to Bader all decisions before the UFC let him and Bader go.

Jon would outstrike him easily and I actually like Mr Wonderful.
Jones would still have a reach advantage and even if the long range doesn't work out, he could clinch Phil and use his elbows.

Lhw is gonna be barren again after Walker and Reyes and maybe Volk. Sign him up so Jon has a fight and can pulse all over Phil's face

Ankalaev
Rakic
Menifield
Jim Crute
Michel Oleksiejczuk
Khalil Rountree
Luke Rockhold
Ryan Spann
Nikita Krylov
Chris Weidman

The lhw division has improved dramatically. This ain't the same division from 18 months ago. The UFC invested a lot of money to improve the division and it shows. There's never been a group of prospects like this at lhw.

I'd rather the UFC resign Bader before Davis. No offense but Davis is still a boring fighter.

Should the UFC bring back Phil Davis (20-5)?

facts

1. He's gone 7-2 since going to Bellator
2. He's never been finished - let alone ko'd
2. Three of his five career losses have been split decisions (60%)
3. He hasn't had a non split decision loss since Rumble in 2014
4. His last loss (split decision) was against Fightmatrix #2 ranked LHW in world Nemkov
5. His last two wins have been 3rd round ko's

I know he had a rep as a boring fighter who moved well but never pulled the trigger, and when he did is was for a takedown that rarely amounted to anything. But fighters evolve and the division is looking kind of weak right now. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Walker, Reyes, Smith, Gus, etc., would you?

giphy.gif

bellator pays him to much to even think of leaving.

I gotta be honest, I forgot this guy existed. Most of his fights that I’ve seen are very forgetable.

Hell yes. Also bring back Bendo, Mousasi and Horiguchi.

Back