Why is Ortega an underdog to Zabit?

ApplesVild

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do you think the odds are correct or will this fight be closer than the odds reflect?

I imagine it should be a pick'em at least, maybe even Ortega as a favourite

Ortega is coming off a fight where he got thumped.

Zambit is coming off a win, while on a streak and has plenty of hype behind him.

Makes sense. Is that the opening lines?

I can see Ortega strangling him or Zambit winning a decision.

The only chance Ortega has is a submission and nothing more. Zabit is better in everywhere else.

when and where is this fight happening? it was rumored like a month ago but haven't heard a date or location. I was thinking edmonton or abu dhabi

Striking. Ortega doesn’t get to start with Zabit in his guard, they start every round on the feet. And Zabit just showed he could keep a veteran nasty striker (Jeremy Stephens) at bay & win a 3-rounder. I think Ortega has a tough matchup ahead of him here.

The only chance Ortega has is a submission and nothing more. Zabit is better in everywhere else.

You think Zabit has better boxing? I don't agree with that... Plus Ortega has a better gas tank

Because it's 3 rounds. Zabit won't lose until he gets in a 5 rounder

Striking. Ortega doesn’t get to start with Zabit in his guard, they start every round on the feet. And Zabit just showed he could keep a veteran nasty striker (Jeremy Stephens) at bay & win a 3-rounder. I think Ortega has a tough matchup ahead of him here.

Jeremy had him figured out by the end of round 3, plus Ortega can be aggressive with his striking because if Zabit takes him down it's what Ortega wants. Zabit will have to stand and Ortega can throw wild

Again, why complain about betting odds? If you think Ortega will win, take this opportunity to make more money. Also, betting odds are not set as a probability of who will win... they are set to incentivize equal bets from both sides so obviously, Zabit fans have been hitting it hard. No issue here at all

Last edited:
Ortega needs to stay on Zabit pressure him and Zabit will probably get tired . Ortega should not let Zabit pace himself and he should be able to beat Zabit.

Depends on how you look at the fight but I think Zabit cardio could let him down in his one as we know Ortega can go the distance .

You think Zabit has better boxing? I don't agree with that... Plus Ortega has a better gas tank
And Ortega has some? He has nothing. Because he was lucky against Frankie doesn't mean he is the best at boxing. He showed nothing until now, Zabit is not so efficient but he is much better with his hands than Ortega.

Yes, Ortega has gas, but will be not enough to beat Zabit. His chances are in tricky submissions and nothing more, be sure about that.

Zabit by decision.

Jeremy had him figured out by the end of round 3, plus Ortega can be aggressive with his striking because if Zabit takes him down it's what Ortega wants. Zabit will have to stand and Ortega can throw wild

If Ortega decides to get wild with the striking, I’m not sure that will help him. Zabit has shown that he can stay patient, work at outside range, & just play matador using good footwork.

And though I would favor Ortega in the jiujitsu, Zabit is no pushover on the ground either. Brian might not get the sub even if he does get a takedown.

I agree Zabit tends to fade in the 3rd though. That is Ortega’s biggest chance. It’s just not necessarily a very reliable one... how many times can a guy pull a rabbit out of the hat?

Yes, he does have a better gas tank, but he won't have a chance to really use that to his advantage in a 3 round fight. That's why he's the underdog. In a 5 RD fight the odds would be reversed.

IMO Brian's not really a threat to Zabit on the feet, Zabit is technically much better and his striking defense is levels ahead of T-City's.

I also think his grappling ability's more than good enough to prevent him from being subbed by Ortega. Maybe in the 3rd round when Zabit starts to gas, T-City could catch him but I doubt it.

I see Z beating him up good.

Hate Zabit, disgusting beard and seems to have an attitude problem

You're only as good as your last fight.

Though Zabit would've done worse against Holloway.

Zabit has no power in his hands and his goofy spinning kicks never land and contribute to him gassing. His ground game is where his talent lies, not his striking

Because his an actual underdog in this fight. Zabit will beat him put the house on this one

Back