Excluding Fedor, is Overeem the greatest fighter ever to not get a UFC belt?

BooBoyMan

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
ubereem.0.jpg

He has some brutal losses, but Alistair has 8 victories over UFC champions: x2 over Vitor, x2 over Werdum, and wins over Lesnar, Mir, JDS, and Arlovski.
Also K-1 world champ and beat three of some of the greatest to compete (Aerts x2, Saki, and Hari).

Are there any fighters who can compete with that resume? I feel like Overeem doesn't get the respect he really deserves.

in b4
3QRZjx.gif

Last edited:
I'd pick Mousasi over Overeem.

Gotta go with Dan Henderson here.

ubereem.0.jpg

He has some brutal losses, but Alistair has 8 victories over UFC champions: x2 over Vitor, x2 over Werdum, and wins over Lesnar, Mir, JDS, and Arlovski.
Also K-1 world champ and beat two of some of the greatest to compete (Aerts x2 and Hari).

Are there any fighters who can compete with that resume? I feel like Overeem doesn't get the respect he really deserves.

in b4
3QRZjx.gif

No cuz the hype was Ubereem, but Ubereem literally disappeared as obvious as a day after he pissed hot and USADA kicked in.

Overeem isn't much to talk about, Ubereem was something else, but yeah

And Overeem never won k-1, Ubereem did, also against a crippled Aerts and banged up Saki, and so on.

Hendo, Moose and Reem are the standouts cause they fought everyone.

Then there are tons of guys who were pretty good in their weight classes but always came up short. Like Nick Diaz, Cowboy, Jacare, Benavidez, Faber etc.

Ubereem was potentially the best MMA fighter we ever saw

Dan Henderson is the greatest fighter to not win a UFC belt. he even destroyed your precious Fedor

Cro Cop?
Hendo?
Hendo, supposed wrestling master got submitted by Anderson Silva. oh and he lost to Nogs TWICE.

So, that's a hard pass. lmao.

o-ITS-A-NO-570.jpg

Last edited:
Dan Henderson
Mirko CroCop
Kazushi Sakuraba
Wanderlei Silva

Overeem has a hell of a resume, but I put those guys above him.

Honorable mentions - Mousasi, Ice Cold Igor, Mach Sakurai, Takanori Gomi

ubereem.0.jpg

Also K-1 world champ and beat two of some of the greatest to compete (Aerts x2 and Hari).

in b4
3QRZjx.gif
A whole lot of pride fighters come first, Cro Cop and Sakuraba maybe. Not to mention Overeem is so infamous for his extensive roid use, even though a lot of people don't have a problem with that it seems. I think Overeem is neither underrated nor overrated. Very impressive fighter, arguably a top ten heavyweight, but he's got a lot of competition there.

Nope - Mousasi and he was well on his way and a little cash got in the way.
SMH

Nope - Mousasi and he was well on his way and a little cash got in the way.
SMH
Moose is overrated, he got layed on by king no, went to a decision with keith jardine, lost to machida and Uriah hall. His best win is a lucky upkick to Jacare then he gets subbed by Jacare the second time and most people felt he lost to schlemenko .

Back