UFC Fight Pass questions

ApplesVild

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How long after an event does it take for it to go up on fight pass?

How reliable is it? At the moment when I click to sign up I get a loading wheel and it never loads, which makes me think it probably has a few problems.

I'm in the UK so I don't know how much the ESPN deal effects things

How reliable is it? At the moment when I click to sign up I get a loading wheel and it never loads, which makes me think it probably has a few problems.

Depending on when the event took place it could be next morning or later on in the evening.
As far as reliability goes your best bet is to tune into events after they take place since there
is a lot less congestion.

How about PPV's, they take a while to be avaliable to rewatch?

I pesonally have a love-hate relationship with Fight Pass. From what I understand its built on an old engine. A lot of times Fights just wont buffer and all you can do is wait until the problem fixes itself (which can take up to days). The video player itself is also annoying. Skipping forward sometimes doesn't work. The volume slider disappears before your cursor reaches the goddman button, You scroll down and back up and the video turns black and you have to refresh the page (PC). There are a bunch of small things that make the whole thing seem broken. HOWEVER you get a ton of content and when it does work, its a lot of fun spending entire days watching old pride events in the best quality you can get. I pay 7.99 a month which is peanuts for the service. In short:

Would I recommend it? Yes.
Will it annoy you and sometimes straight up not work? Yes.
Is the price fair? In my eyes, Yes.

I was going to start explaining the process but them I remembered that FP is quite different stateside vs. elsewhere because the ESPN deal. ESPN+ is U.S. only still, far as I know. I think PPVs are still on about a month delay after they happen before they're uploaded.

But as for service and speed, I've never had any issues. I would prefer they had video above 720 but other than that, no major problems from quality for streaming to speak of.

Are you trying to sign up through the app?

Are you trying to sign up through the app?

I was, I got it working eventually and I'm signed up. Thanks guys, makes doing pre fight research a lot easier... Currently Korean Zombie/Yair and no issues

I haven't experienced any issues with Fight Pass as someone living in Denmark. The ESPN deal has had no effect on my experience of the service. It's a little annoying that main cards are blacked out, because some TV channel has a deal with the UFC, when you're paying them directly, but as a bettor I like being able to stream every fight on a card. Usually an event is up in a couple of hours, but with PPV it's 30 days.

I have had no problems with buffering, sound and so forth. Some years ago a code, a lot of random numbers, would pop up on the screen out of the blue, but this wasn't really an issue, and now it's gone, it seems. I think Fight Pass is a must, and it's pretty cheap. :)

I pesonally have a love-hate relationship with Fight Pass. From what I understand its built on an old engine. A lot of times Fights just wont buffer and all you can do is wait until the problem fixes itself (which can take up to days). The video player itself is also annoying. Skipping forward sometimes doesn't work. The volume slider disappears before your cursor reaches the goddman button, You scroll down and back up and the video turns black and you have to refresh the page (PC). There are a bunch of small things that make the whole thing seem broken. HOWEVER you get a ton of content and when it does work, its a lot of fun spending entire days watching old pride events in the best quality you can get. I pay 7.99 a month which is peanuts for the service. In short:

Would I recommend it? Yes.
Will it annoy you and sometimes straight up not work? Yes.
Is the price fair? In my eyes, Yes.
biggest deal breaker for me is that the quality is 720p even on newer fights instead of 1080p

Im always surprised nobody ever complains a lot of the old PRIDE fights are cropped in some weird error

The website could use an update, the video player and search function seem very dated

Back