20/20 Nate

Lukn4trbl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What a beast. I'm looking forward to his return against Pettis.

Hopefully he has evolved and will be checking leg kicks, as well as throwing more of them.
I think he relies too much on his boxing which is not ideal when facing a beast like Anthony.

Pettis by Decisoin?

P.S. $20K Nate was a beast.

If Pettis uses footwork and low kicks, he will win with ease. I expect Nate to make it a dirty fight though.

Hope Nate pulls it off but expect Pettis to win UD possibly TKO

This should headline a fight night or something. Deserves to be. 5 rounder

"Hopefully he's evolved and will be checking legs kicks". Yep, 30 fights into his career, that's usually when people make big changes and fix career-long glaring weaknesses.
<36>

Nate Diaz hasn't fought in 3 years. He's now 34..

What a waste of prime..

Nate Diaz hasn't fought in 3 years. He's now 34..

What a waste of prime..

Or genius..he has alot of scar tissue and probably some nagging injuries so not being in constant fight camps probably did him some good ..no harm in healing up and getting the mind right before battling again

But i hear what your saying we all missed nate

Nate by tko broken hand face blocking hard

"Hopefully he's evolved and will be checking legs kicks". Yep, 30 fights into his career, that's usually when people make big changes and fix career-long glaring weaknesses.
<36>

Right, because nobody wants to improve.

Hmm...I recall one of the recent whiskey makers taking lessons from Dillon and other grapplers to change up his game.

Can you guess who i'm talking about?

:rolleyes:

Checking leg kicks is not the right way to go in this fight. Even if done right, he'd be still giving the space Pettis wants.
Nate has to expect Pettis circling a lot and throwing several kicks which means Nate has to force Pettis into bad, bloody fight.

Bigger Pettis than Nate fan so I'm rooting for Showtime but I doubt either of them will be contending for a title anymore. Diaz still has that trilogy fight to look forward to, a potential loss here shouldn't do much to ruin that.

Right, because nobody wants to improve.

Hmm...I recall one of the recent whiskey makers taking lessons from Dillon and other grapplers to change up his game.

Can you guess who i'm talking about?

:rolleyes:

Yeah, and we all saw how effective that was. Looks like a real grappling wizard down there getting pounded into Bolivian before getting choked out... again.
tenor.gif

The Diaz Brothers are a disgrace. Everyone rallied around Nick Diaz and signed the White house petition regarding him being suspended for 5 years, which was reduced and he's waiting longer to fight than the original 5 year suspension.

Everything is 1. beat my chest and say i'm better than everyone (while not fighting), 2. partying and smoking, 3. bitching about Dana and the UFC and repeat.

Last edited:
Yeah, and we all saw how effective that was. Looks like a real grappling wizard down there getting pounded into Bolivian before getting choked out... again.
tenor.gif

What does training a new skill have to do with executing the new skill in the cage?

Your stance was fighters don't learn new things late in their career?

Another great example is GSP. He trained wrestling, boxing, and BJJ late in his career.

He is constantly training with new coaches and picking up new weapons for every fight.

What does training a new skill have to do with executing the new skill in the cage?

Your stance was fighters don't learn new things late in their career?

Another great example is GSP. He trained wrestling, boxing, and BJJ late in his career.

He is constantly training with new coaches and picking up new weapons for every fight.
{<huh}

Who gives a shit what he's working on if he can't do it during a fight. We're talking about his next fight, not what he'd like to improve at some point in the future. How many fights do you think Nate has left? I'm sure he's trained to check kicks this entire time and still couldn't do it 30 fights in against pretty mediocre kickers, so why would this be the magical fight where the ability suddenly takes effect against one of the better kickers he's faced?

{<huh}

Who gives a shit what he's working on if he can't do it during a fight. We're talking about his next fight, not what he'd like to improve at some point in the future.

Don't be mad because you can't follow your own logic.

Your initial post stated that fighters don't learn new skills late in their career. I gave you two good examples to prove you wrong and I could find several more.

How many fights do you think Nate has left? I'm sure he's trained to check kicks this entire time and still couldn't do it 30 fights in against pretty mediocre kickers, so why would this be the magical fight where the ability suddenly takes effect against one of the better kickers he's faced?

You answered your own question. You think he should do more to defend against one of the best kickers he has ever faced, or just sit heavy on his lead leg like he normally does?

Last edited:
I expect Pettis to either win a lopsided decision or a late TKO, either way his kicks are the key to victory.

The only real advantages Diaz has (for a 3 round fight at least) is his boxing and BJJ, but with no real offensive wrestling to get it to the mat and Pettis' improvement in his boxing, I struggle to see Diaz winning this.

Don't be mad because you can't follow your own logic.

Your initial post stated that fighters don't learn new skills late in their career. I gave you two good examples to prove you wrong and I could find several more.

You answered your own question. You think he should do more to defend against one of the best kickers he has ever faced, or just sit heavy on his lead leg like he normally does?
giphy.gif

You gave Conor, then I showed you that's exactly where he got steamrolled in his last fight, then you point to GSP continuing training the things he's always been good at. Solid points, or something. OK, you're right, Nate is probably going to be checking every kick and definitely win the kicking exchanges. Watch out for the super dangerous wheel kick he's definitely picked up.

Pettis doesn't do well versus pressure fighters so if Nate keeps moving forward its gonna be an easy TKO win for Nate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back