Media Serious question how come Conor McGregors punches were so slow and weak?

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Im starting to think him bulking up and being insecure and putting on more muscle mass hurt his punching power and efficiency, when he was a lean 145 pounder he had speed and power

look at him 173 pounds on fight night and Floyd a 147 pounder who weighs pretty much 148 on fight night was touching him at will and had his handsdown all night and Conor couldn't hurt him at all, I think Floyd went easy on him out of pity he didnt even load up imagine if that was Canelo Alvarez or a amped up Manny Pacquiao instead of Floyd? yikes

xbu4k9l8yeq63wvzg.jpg

I think Conor needs to stop worrying about being muscular and just focus on technique again he is too slow now and his punches are tight not fluid or sharp anymore

You're literally showing a gif of him late in the fight and asking why he was slow and weak lol

i think he got discouraged like he did in the first diaz fight, knew he couldn't knock him out so he didn't load up as much, same with khabib.

That one punch of Aldo really fucked his game up. Started over believing in this mythical one shot power.

Lol canelo would have actually killed him.

Connors style is great for MMA but not for pure boxing. Even in MMA he gets hit a lot by good boxers, his best stuff is vs aggressive/brawler striking styles

Coz loading up on punches vs. Floyd is a sure way to get nothing but air

I think it had to do with him getting out-boxed by one of the greatest boxers of all time for like 30 mins.

You're literally showing a gif of him late in the fight and asking why he was slow and weak lol

This is him in round 3. Is that early enough for you?

KlutzyLegalEmperorshrimp-small.gif

Ps - newsflash, actual elite fighters don't look slow and weak even late in the fight, hence Floyd looking fresh as a daisy in the gif above :D

1 - Conor has never boxed professionally

2 - Throwing pitter-patter shots is a great way to test range and set up a harder shot, but Floyd has been there and done that so he knows how to negate any sort of trap that Conor could think of setting.

3 - Only going for hard strikes is a great way to whiff and gas out early against a defensive fighter.

Ps - newsflash, actual elite fighters don't look slow and weak even late in the fight, hence Floyd looking fresh as a daisy in the gif above :D

I could show him looking fast as well. Floyd even at is age is going to be faster than Conor especially in boxing.
5.gif

7.gif

75.gif

Conor isn't an elite boxer and when you're wasting energy by punching Floyd's guard or missing, then you're going to gas

Conor was completely outgunned by a 40 year old, defensive 130 pounder. It almost doesn't bear thinking about what Canelo or GGG would have done to him, just imagine.

<{you!}>

You conveniently pick his worst moments lol I can show you moments from anywhere during the fight of Mayweather looking slow and weak, imagine a 49-0 boxer getting caught by this from an 0-0 boxer.
5YwuKHZ.gif

Floyd is a master of not getting hit, and has proved it against the very best...even Canelo couldnt do fuck all against him, and neither could Conor...Conor had no business being in there with him, it was a huge mismatch. We all know he only did it for the payday

Conor wasn't quick at FW either, but he had great timing and precision. Maybe his punches were weaker vs Floyd because different gloves, different sport. He seemed more slow vs Khabib. Cocaine is a hell of a drug, especially when you can't take it before the fight.

I could show him looking fast as well. Floyd even at is age is going to be faster than Conor especially in boxing.
5.gif

7.gif

75.gif

Conor isn't an elite boxer and when you're wasting energy by punching Floyd's guard or missing, then you're going to gas

No, Conor did not look fast there, at all. As you said, even 40 y/o Floyd was faster, significantly so. That left uppercut was slow and weak, hence it barely even getting Floyd's attention.

Conor looked especially slow with boxing gloves on, against a boxer, I suppose his speed is respectable by MMA standards, but certainly not in boxing, he looked downright slow, even in his magic 7.5 minute window.

In MMA he's had a load of success exploiting MMA fighters' rudimentary boxing skills, lack of defence, lack of chins, and fighting smaller guys. He's never been particularly fast or powerful, he just has excellent reach, and good timing and accuracy. That was enough to seem like a puncher in MMA. In boxing, his speed, power and explosiveness is downright pathetic at elite level.

This is what a proper fast hard left hand from an elite boxer looks like.

CalmBouncyBaiji-size_restricted.gif

Back