Media Tank Abbott showing dramatic weight loss after suffering multiple strokes/liver transplant.

Phisher

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

As Tank explained last December, he had a health scare in 2018, and had the toughest fight of his life.

“My body finally caught up with all of my wild life,” Abbott told The Hannibal TV (HT: MMAMania). “Blew a gasket on my liver, but I got a nice transplant and everything is moving right along. It was not without complications, though. I died five times on the operating table, had over six strokes, but I’m still here. This is the hardest fight I’ve ever had. I spent 107 days in the intensive care unit.”

Just a few months after his whole ordeal, Abbott was back in the gym training and doing charity fun runs.

Good to see that he's back in the gym.

Oh man, poor Tank. I remember watching him plow through ppl with my older cousin. Fun times.

Best of health to him!

Hope he recovers as good as one can expect. One of the first explosive fighters in the UFC

Who would have guessed that skinny Tank Abbott looks like a male model?

one of the best quote in mma history!

...while fighting Dan Severn :
"All I could think was 'Oh my God, I'm being raped by Freddie Mercury from Queen."

I searched the entire interweb for a video or audio, couldn't find it...
If someone know where a could find it, i'd appreciate it!

Last edited:
He looks like a trans male who's just gone through a week of HRT.........oh and look there's tank

He seemed like kind of a bully, but I hope this is only the first part of his recovery and not the the limit of the healing process.

wPoQ5Qv.jpg

tankeeabottaho2.gif

Kinda looks like master Roshi with that sweet beard and the Hawaiian shirt.

Sucks to see him like that.

Records be damned, Tank is still one of the last guys I'd ever want to fight.

I might pick Ronda at this point, wonder if the offer is still on table.

Back