I'm Afraid We Will be Stuck With Usman For a While

Sansnom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looking at the current WW division, I can't find any clear fighter which I would pick over Usman.

With the dominant performance Usman displayed against Woodley, i'm afraid no one on the current roster really has what it takes to beat him.

And unfourtunately for us, he doesn't seem to be interested in fighting very often. Recently mentionning in an interview that he only plans on fighting by the end of the year.

Not to mention he's as boring of a fighter as it gets.

Can you guys imagine having Usman as champ for the next 3-5 years?

vyJNH5W.gif

Looking at the current WW division, I can't find any clear fighter which I would pick over Usman.

With the dominant performance Usman displayed against Woodley, i'm afraid no one on the current roster really has what it takes to beat him.

And unfourtunately for us, he doesn't seem to be interested in fighting very often. Recently mentionning in an interview that he only plans on fighting by the end of the year.

Not to mention he's as boring of a fighter as it gets.

Can you guys imagine having Usman as champ for the next 3-5 years?

vyJNH5W.gif

UFC-225-CM-Punk-vs-Mike-Jackson-Jimmy-Smith-Preview_656812_OpenGraphImage.jpg

You're afraid, I'm ecstatic. Watching Kamaru go from that Blackzilians guy in TUF to the WW champ has been a treat for me.

War Usman!

If you guys thought GSP or Woodley were boring champs, wait till you see the Usman era. I have a bad feeling this guy will be champ for a while.

Nah, sure he’s “explosive,” but he’s hands are wanting. Two defenses tops.

Championships aint what they used to be. Theyre an old grey mare.

Better him than Colby

You know, I'd never really known anything about Colby other than the cringy paying models to pose with him shit. The retarded MAGA shit and getting hit with a boomerang by Werdum.

I looked up his record and honestly... what's special about this guy? Colby is basically a noone. How did he even get an interim title?

the only time the WW division had an exciting champion since Matt Hughes was when Lawler had the strap.

GSP, Woodley, Hendricks were all point fighters once they got the belt.

I don't see yet. Kamaru Usman's striking is not yet on the level where he can win with it if the opponent resists the takedown.

A better Robert Lawler or Prime Johnny Hendricks type of fighter could give Usman problems.

Better him than Colby

well Colby could get knocked out much easier than Usman can in my opinion. so him being champ isn't so bad because he'll probably get folded by somebody sooner or later.

Usman though, he looks like he's prepared to wrestlefuck everyone and not give a single fuck.

on the upside, Askren is a bad matchup for both stylistically anyway. so you never know, Askren could become champ.

You're afraid, I'm ecstatic. Watching Kamaru go from that Blackzilians guy in TUF to the WW champ has been a treat for me.

War Usman!
You and I have polar opposite definitions of the word treat. Guy's a better version of Woodley without the one punch knockout power. Match him up with another wrestler like Colby has the potential to be as exciting as watching grass grow.

I don't see yet. Kamaru Usman's striking is not yet on the level where he can win with it if the opponent resists the takedown.

A better Robert Lawler or Prime Johnny Hendricks type of fighter could give Usman problems.
I hatee the way it looked to me like Johnny Hendricks just took the last rounds off against Robert Lawler, because he thought he was "winning."

I think Ponz & Lawler have a decent chance of stopping him, but Usman should still be the favorite in those fights

I really do think Askren beats him.

I know he got slammed and pounded badly by Lawler, but let's be real here. After he survived that, he methodically grinded Lawler down, got him down, out-scrambled him to a choke, and secured that bulldog. Whether he went out or not, there was 1:40 on the clock and that choke wasn't going anywhere. Askren's wrestling really is next level shit, and he will cause serious problems for Marty.

Does the same thing to Tyron again

Already smeshed RDA

Masvidal has a punchers chance.

Askren gets smashed

Darren Till isn't getting close to the title anytime soon

Thompson just got KTFOd

Pettis has a punchers chance

Ponz has punchers chance

Luque has a punchers chance.

I don't like anyone's chances unless they get land that lucky punch, otherwise he justs wears them down and takes them down. He is the heavy favorite in every fight.

Back