Is Kevin Lee any more evolved than Coleman/Randleman?

wilKO

Green, White & Gold belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Title says it all. Kevin Lee was apparently going to beat Khabib 6 months ago. And MMA has apparently evolved so much in the last 15-20 years. So surely a modern day LW/WW would be way more advanced than an ancient HW? Especially a notoriously limited HW like Hammerhouse produced.

Wrestling? Coleman and Randleman are at worst equal to Lee here. At worst

Striking? Again pretty equal. Randleman KOd Cro Cop. What has Lee ever done on the feet?

BJJ? None of them can even spell BJJ so again pretty even.

Cardio? Again non existent for all 3.

Ive just realised... Kevin Lee is Team Hammerhouse. Holy shit!

Title says it all. Kevin Lee was apparently going to beat Khabib 6 months ago. And MMA has apparently evolved so much in the last 15-20 years. So surely a modern day LW/WW would be way more advanced than an ancient HW? Especially a notoriously limited HW like Hammerhouse produced.

Striking? Again pretty equal. Randleman KOd Cro Cop. What has Lee ever done on the feet?

Kevin Lee sucks, but obviously.

Putting Virgin Lee in the same sentence with Chads Randle and Coleman should be illegal.

Kevin Lee would do well but his style is holding him back from the elite. He needs a good striking/stamina camp to get back into title contention.

At least Kevin (Randleman) could have been the GOAT. Athletically, he was on a whole other level.

He actually won a belt too, unlike Lee.

But i get your overall point, hes not developed as much as he should have..

Yes. Much more.

He was arguably Top 5 at LW---the deepest class, in 2018.

Coleman and Randleman would likely lose to every HW on the roster...and HW has always sucked.

Lee's problem is pacing. He just explodes into every damn movement.

Bottom of the barrel fight IQ, no gas tank. Remedial gatekeeper at best

tenor.gif

Coleman was a beast, no shame in being compared to him.. Randleman had The worst fight iq, but was a crazy athlete...
Kevin Lee always brings it and is a good fighter, even if he is tired he still fights. One really big problem with him is that he becomes very slow after wrestling a round or 2...

Yes. Much more.

He was arguably Top 5 at LW---the deepest class, in 2018.

Coleman and Randleman would likely lose to every HW on the roster...and HW has always sucked.
Top 5? He’s clearly never been better than Khabib, Tony, Dustin, Justin, Mcg, Cowboy or Al. I’d even favor other LWs over Kevin. Kevin has trash cardio, ok striking at best and 1 good round in him before he’s a slow prodding target. Lee is one of the most overrated fighter I can recall in recent memory.

Last edited:
Fighter Kevin Lee in modern times yes

more evolved

There's more ways to evolve easier nowa days

How is Fighter Kevin Lee evolved in any capacity, please?

@wilKO I generally like your posts but obviously Lee is way more technical especially in striking,bjj,transitions on the ground like back taking,clinch strikes,mixing everything together etc.I'm pretty sure this was just shitting on Lee,and if that's the case then i'm with you on that part.

Mark Coleman and Kevin Randleman were much better wrestlers, Mark Coleman especially.

Lee is a much better striker than either Coleman or Randleman.

How is Fighter Kevin Lee evolved in any capacity, please?

Modern day fighters like Fighter Kevin Lee start with a base experience higher than that of the oldies

who stepped into an unevolved sport knowing nothing

By virtue of how much the sport advanced - modern day players basically start off with a step ahead of the OG players

A fresh Kevin usually cuts through his opponent's guard without too much issue, while Kevin and Mark actually get outworked by the guy on the bottom. Kevin can also throw kicks and outstruck Edson, so he's got the edge there too.

I'd put Mark's wrestling above Lee's, but put both Kevin's at about the same level due to both relying on thleticism over technique.

It's pretty asinine to actually make the argument that Lee's BJJ is as bad as Randleman's just because he's gotten tapped by two of the better grapplers in his generation in RDA and Ferguson. He never got subbed by a striker in Cro Cop or a fellow wrestler in Randleman.

Back