Does Khabib really not have a good resume? Comparison to other top 15 Lightweights.

sdpdude9

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Here’s every current top 15 Lightweight fighters record against other current top 15 fighters. Some didn’t take place in the weight class but I counted them anyways.

Khabib Nurmagomedov: 3-0 (McGregor, Barboza, Iaquinta)

Dustin Poirier: 2-1 (McGregor, Gaethje, Pettis)

Tony Ferguson: 3-0 (Barboza, Pettis, Lee)

Conor McGregor: 1-1 (Khabib, Poirier)

Donald Cerrone: 4-1 (Iaquinta, Barboza, Pettis, Oliveira, Hernandez)

Justin Gaethje: 2-1 (Poirier, Barboza, Vick)

Al Iaquinta: 1-2 (Cerrone, Khabib, Lee)

Edson Barboza: 2-5 (Khabib, Ferguson, Cerrone, Gaethje, Pettis, Lee, Felder)

Anthony Pettis: 1-3 (Poirier, Ferguson, Cerrone, Barboza)

Kevin Lee: 1-3 (Ferguson, Iaquinta x2, Barboza)

Paul Felder: 2-1 (Barboza, Oliveira, Vick)

Charles Oliveira: 0-3 (Cerrone, Pettis, Felder)

Gregor Gillespie: 0-0

Alexander Hernandez: 0-1 (Cerrone)

Islam Makhachev: 0-0

James Vick: 0-2 (Gaethje, Felder)

As you can see, he has as good a record as anybody else in the division against ranked fighters. I have a hard time seeing how is record is padded and how he has no good wins. But he hasn’t beaten every single fighter there ever was so he has a padded record and never had a good win according to sherdog.

His resume only comes into dispute when talking about GOAT LW. He’s the champion. That’s a fact. He doesn’t have the resume of a GOAT, but how about we watch it play out. I see many ppl say he hasn’t beat a top wrestler. He hasn’t beat Tony, etc, etc...

Let the thing run it’s course. Then we can talk about it with more information. Certainly a win over Poirier boosts him on all levels. If he gets past Dustin, and were to successfully beat another top 5 opponent. He’s certainly in the LW GOAT conversation.

The problem is too many want to proclaim him the LW GOAT way too early. And too many just dismiss everything he’s done.

I’d love it if most of you stfu and watched the fights. Your arguments will either be backed up or obliterated.

Edit. I should have added at the end. You don’t have to make your same tired arguments, or assertions and/or slanders EVERYDAY.

The subject is old. The subject is tired. You’re beating a dead horse. In fact the horse was buried long ago.

We don’t need this thread or the opposite thread once a fucking day...

BDJZ.gif

Last edited:
Khabib beat: Al Iaqinta, Conor McGregor, Edson Barboza, and RDA.

Those are his top 4 wins imo.

Just because somebody like Edson Barboza has fought everybody doesn't mean he's the best. He's come up short against 5 of the 7 guys you listed.

I'd say Tony, Poirier, and Khabib have the best LW resumes.

man has 11 wins in UFC. who the fuck you want him to beat for you to acknowledge him as good. Horcher was a last minute replacement. Michael Johnson despite his record is actually a very good fighter and solid win. You forgot RDA as well.

Khabib is already the GOAT
he has 100% winning ratio
and is UFC champ

Name another like him

One of the best in the world, greatest ever if you read some threads on here.

His resume is great. Not even in dispute.

Not a Khabib fan either (see AV, I'm team Tony). But gotta be real.

A win vs Tony would make a thread like this obsolete...

We gonna pretend like Eddie Alvarez wasnt a top fighter too when Dustin beat him?

People on here say Jon Jones has a "bad" resume.

None of this is reflected in reality.

man has 11 wins in UFC. who the fuck you want him to beat for you to acknowledge him as good. Horcher was a last minute replacement. Michael Johnson despite his record is actually a very good fighter and solid win. You forgot RDA as well.

This. Johnson has wins over Poirier and Ferguson, which people forget and like to discredit that win. RDA is also a top, great win. This doesn’t even touch on who was ranked at the time he defeated them, just current top 15 guys. If you added that his resume is even better.

Pretty sure Khabib has 5 top 15 wins if you are using top 15, he might even have 6 but I'd have to look deeper. I know 4 of them are top 10 wins anyways.

Resumes need to be judged based on opponent rankings at the time. Khabib is not LW GOAT, but he will take up that mantle after 2 more defenses regardless of who he fights as long as they're legit top 5 opponents.

Back