How would Kongo do if he got second UFC run

champbless2

Seraldo Babalu
Banned
Reaction score
So what do you think how would Cheick Kongo do if he returned to the UFC in todays weakened and shallow Hw division he has been on a tear in Bellator with 7 or 8 wins in a row (wins over Volkov and Minakov)

He was great in the UFC he had quite a good record but i think they let him go because he had expensive contract and they waited for him to lose couple of fights i believe they released him after Hunt knocked him out.

I allways enjoy his fights, sometimes boring but he has crisp kicks and hands.

And that body built for TV and apealing peoples eyes.

20150628123205_1DX_1394.JPG

Do they have USADA over in Bellator?

Just had to get all ghey in the last sentence, eh? Thread explained. Moving on.

Might actually fight for the belt... Would love to see him vs Ngannou or Stipe. With Bellator, is he going to fight Bader or what...

Kongo is underrated and improved. He would do well

Derrick Lewis fucking beats him. An Derrick Lewis is average at best.

So what do you think how would Cheick Kongo do if he returned to the UFC in todays weakened and shallow Hw division he has been on a tear in Bellator with 7 or 8 wins in a row (wins over Volkov and Minakov)

He was great in the UFC he had quite a good record but i think they let him go because he had expensive contract and they waited for him to lose couple of fights i believe they released him after Hunt knocked him out.

Not great

He'd be just another great black hope to dethrone the white champ DC.

<TheWire1>

He'd steamroll the division with his nut strikes
v2sl83.jpg

Yeah and fought for the title.
Well theres a reason DC agreed to put title up on like 3 weeks notice he knew Lewis was an inflated tomato can. Qith 1 punch an limited ifcsny other talent

He's 44 with a lot of mileage. Doubt he has any better chance of being more successful there than he previously was. Cheick was usually fun to watch, but he just never had Top tier ability in any discipline of his game really. He was just ok to decent at a lot of things.

Same as before, he'd be a middle of the pack fighter. There's a reason he went to a smaller pond.

Anyone can be a UFC top 5 hw these days

Kongo is underrated and improved. He would do well

He's sort of refined his game, but the guy is in his 40s and still has glaring deficiencies.

He would get absolute destroyed by the top 7-8 guys just like he used to when he was in the UFC.

Bellator is the right fit for him. He can probably keep winning the majority of his fights there until he's 50.

Ufc.... (panting) waste my time.... Where is my teetal shot?

-proceeds to get KO'd by Mur

<5>

He is 44 and coming off great win and Bellator success but let s put this in perspective " his great UFC record" was like 10- 6 and pretty much lost to everybody he was supposed to lose to.I believe he had a win against past his prime CC and the rest ...well,let's be real.

Flip side of coin, he has looked good but we have to be realistic about this at age 44 and he still cant be considered anything close to an upper tier heavy.His best bet is to stay at Bellator and see if they give him Bader.... and soon. We'll see what happens and it's only a matter of time with his eventual collision with father time and it'll come in the form of one bad fight.

Just my opinion

Back