Rate the KO power of these fighters

squeezewax

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
If there were a league table of power-punchers where would they all rank & who do you think would be on top?
In the past i think many people would say Hunt, but do Ngannou or Lewis hit harder?

Fighters such as Liddell, Hunt, Ngannou, Wanderlai, Nelson, Lewis, Hendo, and whoever else you think should be in consideration?

Wanderlei was more of a "quickness/explosiveness becomes power" type of deal.

Hendo threw bombs. Period.

Hunt, Ngannou and Lewis basically interchangeable...probably edge to Ngannou just from his Overeem ko

Liddell and Nelson certainly had considerable power but i didn't see them as humongous punchers

Fighters such as Liddell, Hunt, Ngannou, Wanderlai, Nelson, Lewis, Hendo, and whoever else you think should be in consideration?

Joseph Benavidez. I haven't seen anyone else knock out an opponent with a blow to the torso.

Hunt - Ngannou - Lewis - Hendo - Nelson

These guys own the one punch, shut the lights out power

Explosive power - Wanderlei

Accurate power - Liddell

Hunt - Ngannou - Lewis - Hendo - Nelson

These guys own the one punch, shut the lights out power

Explosive power - Wanderlei

Accurate power - Liddell
Bunch of tko artists

Jeremy Stephens hits people and they don't fuckin move

Hunt, Ngannou and Lewis basically interchangeable...probably edge to Ngannou just from his Overeem ko

It could easily be Ngannou, but you should never based that on a KO win over Alistair Overeem. For example, I bet this punch was harder than Ngannou's on Overeem:

tumblr_oqu68xkVOZ1wni6p9o1_400.gif

Lewis threw that haymaker from almost a perfect position, unlike Ngannou. My point is chins matter, a lot.

It could easily be Ngannou, but you should never based that on a KO win over Alistair Overeem. For example, I bet this punch was harder than Ngannou's on Overeem:

Chins matter, a lot.
Yeah that's a fucking missile

Overeem chin is pretty shot. Roy might literally have the best chin in mma history

I cringe just to say anything positive about chicken little, but McGregor used to throw big punches for his size.

Lewis threw that haymaker from almost a perfect position, unlike Ngannou. My point is chins matter, a lot.
I think nelson rolled with it a bit that saved him from going out cold as reem went into it.

Lineker at the lower weights. He's scary when he backs people against the cage

Greatest power irrespective of size, there is only one correct answer and that is Melvin Manhoef...

The guy currently fights at 170 pounds and KO'd a prime Mark Hunt. In fact he has 28 KO's in 30 wins.

If he had a better chin and sub defence he would be literally unstoppable.

I think nelson rolled with it a bit that saved him from going out cold as reem went into it.

Maybe, I would still bet Lewis's punch had more power behind it when it landed, and it even landed from a terrible angle from Nelson's point of view. Nelson just has 100x better chin than Reem, it is known.

How has nobody mentioned Rumble yet??

Greatest power irrespective of size, there is only one correct answer and that is Melvin Manhoef...

The guy currently fights at 170 pounds and KO'd a prime Mark Hunt. In fact he has 28 KO's in 30 wins.

If he had a better chin and sub defence he would be literally unstoppable.
People say Reem is the ultimate glass cannon, but for me its Melvin. How he stayed up in that Cyborg fight I don't know, every other time he gets touched his legs go crazy

People say Reem is the ultimate glass cannon, but for me its Melvin. How he stayed up in that Cyborg fight I don't know, every other time he gets touched his legs go crazy

He's been KO'd a lot less than Reem though. He has 44 pro fights and has only been finished 5 times.

Overeem has 52 fights but has been KO'd 13 times.

I actually believe Overeem has the highest KO loss percentage of any UFC fighter in history

He's been KO'd a lot less than Reem though. He has 44 pro fights and has only been finished 5 times.

Overeem has 52 fights but has been KO'd 13 times.

I actually believe Overeem has the highest KO loss percentage of any UFC fighter in history
I can see that. My only argument would be that Reem gets KO'd by people like Francis and Chuck. Melvin got starched by Rodney Glunder

whChtlcq0zZ5F-9q-JkB11hTTbSEh2ohGuV_AX9vV7DweIcNjvwcIWNRTDlzJiL8uOE7fyI061ngsWKPYRvafuWrCls7_oApDm0JItl3vmQ0Kh2oj-UW7zT6G7TgrOYKuDCpGQ=w265-h200-nc

I think the flying side knee KO is underrated. Don't need heavy hands..
<DisgustingHHH>

If there were a league table of power-punchers where would they all rank & who do you think would be on top?
In the past i think many people would say Hunt, but do Ngannou or Lewis hit harder?

For what it's worth, Stipe has said Ngannou was the hardest puncher he's faced, and he's faced Hunt too.

Back