What happened to that fighter who once KOd Jon Jones in sparring?

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He was some journeyman level MW sized BJJ guy, can't remember his name. Jones once confirmed it in some interview he was KOd by that guy.

I guess it's just a good example of how easy it is to get KOd no matter who you are, if you lose your focus for a split second.

First I ever heard of this tbh

Some say he hid under the cage and never came out bro.

It was me, lost my motivation after KOing the supposed goat and now I work an office job.

I thought this was an Overeem thread.

Bullshit. You're confusing this with the story about DC getting KO'd in sparring by LHW Mike Kyle back in the strikeforce days.

I admit, I was sparring like an asshole. Sorry Jones.

Matt Hamill recreated the feat by destroying Jones in 1 round to prove it wasn't a fluke.

Bullshit. You're confusing this with the story about DC getting KO'd in sparring by LHW Mike Kyle back in the strikeforce days.

Nope, like I said it was Jones who said it. I think his name was Mike Mattenzio or something similar, but I can't fight any fighter with that name. It was a long one on one interview, and that story was a small part of it. Said he got flash KOd by him.

"I got flash knocked out once," he says. He wasn't the baddest motherfucker on Earth then; he was just Jon "Bones" Jones, a 21-year-old kid with a smooth, unmarred face, warm, loud eyes, a 7-0 record, and an upcoming light-heavyweight fight in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. He was sparring with a fighter named Mike Massenzio—just some guy, really—who happened to be a southpaw, and happened to throw a punch Jones didn't see coming.

"The next thing you know, I saw white light and I was sitting on my butt," he says. "I was like, 'Ah, shit. You musta got me.'"

https://deadspin.com/how-jon-jones-became-the-baddest-motherfucker-on-earth-1676262642

"I got flash knocked out once," he says. He wasn't the baddest motherfucker on Earth then; he was just Jon "Bones" Jones, a 21-year-old kid with a smooth, unmarred face, warm, loud eyes, a 7-0 record, and an upcoming light-heavyweight fight in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. He was sparring with a fighter named Mike Massenzio—just some guy, really—who happened to be a southpaw, and happened to throw a punch Jones didn't see coming.

"The next thing you know, I saw white light and I was sitting on my butt," he says. "I was like, 'Ah, shit. You musta got me.'"

https://deadspin.com/how-jon-jones-became-the-baddest-motherfucker-on-earth-1676262642

Thank you.

Back