Media Eddie Bravo Level Conspiracy

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 545701

Before I get started here, feel free to bump this thread if I'm wrong. I'll gladly eat my words.
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/dustin-poirier-will-be-the-1st-guy-to-beat-khabib.3850095/
I made my claims back in mid October after Khabib beat Conor. I've picked Khabib to beat every man he's ever stepped in the cage with. I wanted Conor to ding his head off obviously, but the odds were stacked against him.

upload_2019-5-25_14-0-17.png
In January of 2018, before UFC 223, Eddie Bravo revealed the difference between Tony Ferguson and the other fighters Khabib fought.

"Most people are running from Khabib when they’re on the ground That’s a good strategy in certain situations. But we’re going to turn around and attack him
We’re going to thank him for taking Tony down, and we’re going to throw some fire at him. It’s going to be different. No one has done that."

TLDR: The gameplan was to attack Khabib from the bottom with elbows and submissions.

upload_2019-5-25_14-6-30.png

May 2019, a month after Dustin Poirier defeated current featherweight champion p4p great Max Holloway, similar words are being spoken.

"We have to make holes by just performing out there. I will and can [get back up after being taken down]. I create space with my Jiu-Jitsu. I don’t think people know how long I’ve been doing Jiu-Jitsu. As long as I’ve been fighting – before I ever fought. I’ve been doing Jiu-Jitsu 14 or 15 years, I’m a black belt. I’m gonna create space with submissions and put him in danger and make him have to respect me and then I’ll get up."

TLDR: Dustin knows he's going to get taken down. He'll attack off his back with submissions and create space to stand back up.

upload_2019-5-25_14-8-16.png

Recently, Conor McGregor has spoken out about the mistakes he made in the Khabib fight and how he'd change it in a rematch.

- Too defensive
- No effort to get back to his feet
As @markg171 pointed out, Conor had Khabib in a great position offensively in those first thirty seconds, but instead of becoming offensive, he immediately went back to defending the TD.

giphy.gif

Knowing that you'll only zap your energy by sitting on your back for a whole round like Conor did in round 1, Poirier can go into this knowing that he has to attack from the bottom and create space to stand. (This is something that Conor, Al, and Barboza didn't try).

Now for Conor's part of the game plan

upload_2019-5-25_14-13-39.png
upload_2019-5-25_14-14-16.png
Anybody knows that if they're going to beat Khabib in any aspect of MMA, it'll be in the striking department. Khabib has good boxing and he rarely gets hit (TD threat). I'll say Conor and Poirier are easily two of the best pure boxers in the LW division.

Conor has proven himself to have excellent boxing, and Poirier 4-1'd Holloway in a 80% stand up war. That's something that Jose Aldo x2, Brian Ortega, and Anthony Pettis couldn't do.

One thing Dustin will have over Conor, is cardio. Even after using a ton of energy to get Max out of there in round 1, he lasted all 5 rounds and won the last 2 rounds. Max's pressure is unmatched, but Poirier was able to exceed it.
Poirier is light on the feet and has tightened up his defense greatly in the last year or so. Holloway, who usually lands a shit load of strikes, couldn't land clean on Poirier through 5 rounds.

giphy.gif

Great counters
giphy.gif

Chin cracking power
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Khabib's defense is leaky. Conor was flat footed and gassed, yet he was able to land relatively often in round 3.
Iaquinta (who got out classed by Cowboy on the feet for 5 rounds 49-45 x2)
Credit to @Drugstore Cowboy for the find:
The lean back defense of Khabib is similar to one opponent Dustin has fought already

NKYYAgN.gif

VjydkHe.gif

Dustin won't stop throwing until he lands, and Khabib is hittable on the feet. Conor would throw a weak 1-2 that'd come up short and then reset. While he reset, Khabib would shoot for a TD.

Poirier's punches are different than most LWs and he switches stances better than anybody else. Iaquinta tried it but it was more of a switch stand to kick combo.

Now let's talk about resume's.

Khabib: Barboza, Iaquinta, McGregor, RDA.
Dustin: Alvarez, Gaethje, Pettis, Holloway.

upload_2019-5-25_14-29-34.png
Maybe I wrote all of this for nothing and Dustin will get wrestle fucked for 5 rounds, but I don't see it. Like I said, bump this if I'm wrong.

let's see if the UFC actually books this fight. Poirier hasn't gotten the contract yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony's gameplan?

Not sure pulling out with an injury will get it done, breh
<DirkMavs>

Khabib will just be Khabib and beat the shit out of Dustin

Something tells me that Dustin's attacks off his back will be nullified by somebody with a top game as elite as Khabib's. Dustin is not Marcelo Garcia.

Best case scenario for Dustin would be performing as good as Al did, in my opinion. But his defensive wrestling is nowhere near as good as Al's.

Tony and conor's game plan?

Tony's game plan = over train and injure yourself and have a mental breakdown.

conor's game plan = get your ass kicked and make excuses months down the road.

<YeahOKJen><DontBelieve1>

This is the hardest fight Khabib will have fought.
i only give khabib a 60% chance of winning this.

tbh I like Poirer's chances when the fights standing. Probably has the best hands at lw.

Just waiting to see if he can get back up when taken down and if he can avoid habeeb smesh.

I really think Poirier has everything it takes to beat Khabib. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he won.

damn way too much theory. In practice, he will get smashed like everyone else. Poirier should be his toughest fight though.

Back