Do you agree with Joe?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Needless Casualty of War: Northcutt Tragedy Didn't Have to Happen

1. Choose The Right Stance

“Cosmo Alexandre is a world-class Muay Thai fighter. He is world class as far as striking. It’s a completely different level, but I guess because it was an MMA fight he was willing to take it. They fought stand up and Sage took that karate stance and the dude circled off to his right and landed that f**king right hand.”

2. Pick Your Opponents More Carefully

“It’s a terrible matchup; I don’t know why they agreed to let him fight that guy. It’s just not smart…Sage is good--he’s very good--but these kinds of losses are terrible for his future ... they are mismanagement losses in my opinion.”

Last edited:
He's not wrong, apparently sage had a leg or foot injury or someshit going into the fight too.

"Thankyou for breaking my face, sir" - Sage 'ToNiceForThisSport' Northcutt.

Ouch. Truth. Hope Sage heals up well.

Rogan is right

Sage does well against smaller guys who he can keep at range. Nothing particularly wrong with that, Conor made a career out of it. Now Cosmos is a 6'1 kickboxing veteran ...

Lol @ posters who say that Sage lost because there is no drug testing ... I've even read that Cosmos might have had loaded gloves

<{anton}>

KidNJeU.jpg

Was this real Joe or AI Joe tho??

I would like,to see Joe talk about MMA without saying “world class” or “elite level”
I’m not sure he can do it.

Rogan is right

Sage does well against smaller guys who he can keep at range. Nothing particularly wrong with that, Conor made a career out of it. Now Cosmos is a 6'1 kickboxing veteran ...

Lol @ posters who say that Sage lost because there is no drug testing ... I've even read that Cosmos might have had loaded gloves

<{anton}>
Cosmo was clearly using aim-assist

Obviously Rogan. Sage Northcutt has no notable wins. Why in the world did his management agree to fight a harden vet with over 100 combat fights.
Do they allow takedowns in One championship? The dude should've been shooting for take downs.

What a freaking brain dead strategy to try and strike with him.

Sage got dropped by Gall then finished and got finished by Barb. Sage is a top regional fighter at best. People fell in love with him because he is a good kid and was shredded as FUCK.

I think he should just retire and cash in on the karate side of martial arts. He could easily open a school and make good money off his Karate resume. He’s a great martial artist, not a fighter imo.

The best plan for Sage is too take his time and don't rush back.. i think ppl tend to forget he's young and still can stretch his career if he's smart.. I think he should start training with a new camp and book a fight sometime next year.. he needs a solid year of training nonstop with a good camp and head coach but at the sametime should travel different places to elevate his game

Tbh I was expecting that Sage/his team would have watched at least Couture vs. James Toney for the time being.

I really feel bad for him, even though I always understood his victory stunt as showboating, still the end it was his fault to (stubbornly) think outstriking Cosmo Alexandre was a good plan.

If you are a fighter, aren't you suppose to think you are going to win? If you pick your opponents, everybody will say you are a cherry picker. He thought he would win, he was wrong. Hindsight is 20/20.:confused:

Needless Casualty of War: Northcutt Tragedy Didn't Have to Happen

1. Choose The Right Stance

“Cosmo Alexandre is a world-class Muay Thai fighter. He is world class as far as striking. It’s a completely different level, but I guess because it was an MMA fight he was willing to take it. They fought stand up and Sage took that karate stance and the dude circled off to his right and landed that f**king right hand.”

2. Pick Your Opponents More Carefully

“It’s a terrible matchup; I don’t know why they agreed to let him fight that guy. It’s just not smart…Sage is good--he’s very good--but these kinds of losses are terrible for his future ... they are mismanagement losses in my opinion.”
He didn't give the team advice, you misleading thread titling muthafuka you. He just said that shit to schlub on his podcast.

You ain't got to lie to kick it.

Maybe Rogan can convince Sage to retire and have him put out a comedy special in 3 years.

Rogan is right

<{anton}>
lol people are pretending Sage doesn't main line roids for breakfast?

I think anyone who saw this match up knew Sage was fucked

Back