holy crap

snackgod

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/uf-cs-...is-leg-after-beating-jose-aldo-171742882.html

5ce826f52100001a0f80b0d9.jpeg

Alexander Volkanovski says a blood infection almost cost him his leg — and he caught it just in time. (Getty)
Alexander Volkanovski almost lost his left leg after repeatedly peppering Jose Aldo with kicks in his UFC 237 victory in Rio de Janeiro on May 11.

During the layover in Chile, Volkanovski said he had a fever and was feeling delirious, prompting him to seek medical attention. He was rushed to a hospital. The swelling and redness around his foot wasn’t just due to the repeated blows he delivered in the fight. He learned he had a blood infection.

Doctors: Layover saved Volkanovski’s leg
Had he gotten on his next connection to New Zealand, doctors told him he probably wouldn’t have had time to save his leg.

“If I had got on that second flight, what they were really concerned about was the infection getting into my tendons and bones, Volkanovski told The Telegraph. “Especially with the air pressure in the cabin. I’ve been told they would’ve had to turn the flight around but, even then, by the time I got onto the antibiotics ... you’re talking the type of problems that end a career.

“It was so serious my leg could have been amputated. There was even a chance I could have died.”

Volkanovski said he had a fever of 40 degrees Celsius — which converts to 104 degrees Fahrenheit.

In an update he provided from the Chile hospital last week, Volkanovski praised the medical team taking care of him and delivered the news that he was past the worst.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must be drunk, I read that as somthing about him getting his leg over?

I must be drunk, I read that as somthing about him getting his leg over?
Not drunk enough to not be first in line Spin Doctress. Yeah shake that ass for me...

Pull the plug on Brazil if he was poisoned and this wasn't some mosquito. It's not safe. It's not worth it. Holding Cannonier's bags all week too? DC said his friends got robbed? No more Brazilian judges in Brazil now... hmm.. and why do they go there so often. I'm sure staff just loves it. But we can't do a UFC Hawaii? Why?

Not drunk enough to not be first in line Spin Doctress. Yeah shake that ass for me...

Pull the plug on Brazil if he was poisoned and this wasn't some mosquito. It's not safe. It's not worth it. Holding Cannonier's bags all week too? DC said his friends got robbed? No more Brazilian judges in Brazil... why does UFC go there so often.

Lmao your first assumption is someone poisoned his blood with a bacterial infection not a mosquito? Lol

Lmao your first assumption is someone poisoned his blood with a bacterial infection not a mosquito? Lol
I assumed both.. can u read? Some dude just bet the flavela on Aldo u think this is out of the question or realm of possibility? God.. I wish I was naive and optimistic about the world, you must posess a very high quality of life. Ignorance.. really is bliss in many cases.

That's grim af. Thankfully he's all good and looking at a title shot in Australia next.

Pull the plug on Brazil if he was poisoned and this wasn't some mosquito. It's not safe. It's not worth it. Holding Cannonier's bags all week too? DC said his friends got robbed? No more Brazilian judges in Brazil now... hmm.. and why do they go there so often. I'm sure staff just loves it. But we can't do a UFC Hawaii? Why?
Is normal.

Damn he would have been like Nick Newell but with 1 leg instead of 1 arm man

he's being respectful naming other possible reasons too, but man cant think of another more obvious cause than him catching it directly from aldo

He must've gotten staph from Kevin Lee or ringworm from kelvin

I assumed both.. can u read? Some dude just bet the flavela on Aldo u think this is out of the question or realm of possibility? God.. I wish I was naive and optimistic about the world, you must posess a very high quality of life. Ignorance.. really is bliss in many cases.

Naive and optimistic ? Lmfao you dunno shit about the world you scared suburbanite. If someone was gonna do something they woulda shot him. Brazil dont have hidden secret blood poison ninjas waiting for someone to beat their favorite fighter so they can use their biological ninja weapons to poison them

{<jordan}

Fucking cornball I bet you're the type of person who carries everytime they goto the grocery store incase there's a roaming band of ruffians or an irate group of migrant workers or whatever you pussies fear monger about

Naive and optimistic ? Lmfao you dunno shit about the world you scared suburbanite. If someone was gonna do something they woulda shot him. Brazil dont have hidden secret blood poison ninjas waiting for someone to beat their favorite fighter so they can use their biological ninja weapons to poison them

{<jordan}

Fucking cornball I bet you're the type of person who carries everytime they goto the grocery store incase there's a roaming band of ruffians or an irate group of migrant workers or whatever you pussies fear monger about
Never been called a pussy before.. I smell an angry manlet with an agenda ID check! U better be over 6' 190 bitch. And i'd still be happy to handle 3 of you. "Lmfao!!!!" Anyone who knows me knows how I get down bro. Wrong guy.

Never been called a pussy before.. I smell an angry manlet with an agenda ID check! U better be over 6' 190 bitch. And i'd still be happy to handle 3 of you. "Lmfao!!!!"

Lmaooo ok tough guy, keep living in fear of ninjas and whatever the fuck else is out to get you fking pussy

<{MingNope}>

Never been called a pussy before.. I smell an angry manlet with an agenda ID check! U better be over 6' 190 bitch. And i'd still be happy to handle 3 of you. "Lmfao!!!!" Anyone who knows me knows how I get down bro. Wrong guy.
861A1183-D580-4C61-AC1E-B439EEDA44F0.gif

Damn he would have been like Nick Newell but with 1 leg instead of 1 arm man

That would be a sick fight man wood watch

Also hope the Volkano heals up 100.. stay away from those Aldo Burgers man

<6>

Well, the bright side is if he lost his leg is that he could easily make 125 and I'm sure Dana would give him an immediate title shot there.

Back