Brendan Schaub (AKA Braindead Knob) blaming Reddit for MMA piracy... Here..We..Go..

The Big Bang

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Why ANYONE likes this guy is extremely baffling.

https://torrentfreak.com/reddit-kos...mmunity-ex-ufc-fighter-gets-the-blame-190524/

n a nutshell, Schaub – who has more than 750,000 Twitter followers and a very successful podcast – hit the platform in a sweat last month because he couldn’t get the PPV on his TV. With the clock counting down, he then made a veiled threat to stream the event illegally. He was subsequently inundated with a couple of thousand messages from fans containing links to do just that.

In a post-event podcast, Schaub revealed that what he saw in the illegal streaming world should be a serious matter for the UFC.

“I don’t think they [the UFC] realize the level of pure professionalism these dark web dudes have to these links. I’m not gonna say I did watch it illegally, i’m not gonna say I didn’t. When I clicked on that link, that thing was better quality than I had [expletive]…ever seen.

“Here’s the thing that’s scary about it,” he continued. “I must have got 2,000 DMs with different links to illegally stream this thing.”

And then, the cardinal sin. He mentioned Reddit by name.

“Just for database and research I went through 10 to 15 [of the links]. How big is Reddit? Reddit has their MMA thread where [events get posted], and you’re talking clear as day. I saw the fight. I’m anti-illegal streaming, i’m against that,” he added, to balance things up a bit.

Whether Schaub did pirate the whole event isn’t known but in the days that followed he continued to mention the illegal streams available via Reddit and elsewhere to his considerable audience. That, some believe, is why MMAStreams suddenly felt even more heat than usual.

The reality is that we’ll probably never know for sure. It’s also likely that even without Schaub’s promotional ‘help’, MMAStreams would still find itself choked-out eventually. Previously, similar sports-focused sub-Reddit’s have closed down following complaints from other organizations.

Considering its size, there is zero chance that the UFC didn’t know about MMAStreams already and with ESPN on board, they almost certainly want to show what they’re capable of on the eyeballs front. Platforms like MMAStreams don’t help that effort and that’s probably part of the reason why they’re no longer around.

Not on Reddit, at least….

Braindead knob <{clintugh}>

Shame on you for that

Those steams aren't exclusive to reddit only. Anyone with half a brain can still access the exact same streams. There is already another site up now that uses the same streams. Relax.

So because of Schaub MMAstreams is gone????????????????

Brendan Schaub, you are taking everything we worked for motherfucker

<3>

MMAstreams was my only reliable option.

If mma streams are taken down from Reddit my UFC days will be over

They already made a new subreddit, and when that one inevitably gets shut down, they'll make a new one.

The internet will forever remain undefeated.

"my name a brendan. i have a brain a."

Schuab is that one gay friend, that sucked so much dick his IQ went down to 20.

Brendan doesn’t understand what he’s done until long after he’s done it.
OnlyLawfulBlackfish-size_restricted.gif

U guys whining about it is hilarious. U can literally google what u are looking for and find it. Also, majority of the Reddit streams are shared from already existing streams from other sites.

Back