Dan Hardy Says Paulie Has Boxed Himself into a Corner

Will you watch Paulie vs. Artem live?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hardy Offers More Nuanced Reaction to Paulie Than Unhinged Bisping

Former world champion boxer Paulie Malignaggi caused quite the stir at the recent Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship 6 press conference when he labeled the MMA community a “piece of s---” before claiming that boxing is tougher than MMA because of the number of deaths due to injury.

. . .

Former UFC welterweight title contender turned color commentator Dan Hardy caught wind of Malignaggi’s comments and spoke about his reaction on SiriusXM (via BJPenn.com):

“It disappoints me that he is grouping all MMA fans together,” Hardy said. “We are not all grouped together. We are not poking fun at boxing because they wear pads. We do respect it and it’s often been boxing that has drawn the ‘us vs. you’ argument because of the rise of MMA.”

Malignaggi’s comments that boxing is tougher than MMA because of the deaths didn’t sit well with Hardy who labelled the statement as “ridiculous.”

“To claim the deaths in boxing is ridiculous. To say ‘we’re the toughest sport because we have the most deaths’ is silly,” Hardy said. “Maybe what we should do is analyze why there are deaths in boxing and see if we can fix it. Part of the problem maybe is [that] they are wearing padded hands.”

Hardy believes that once Malignaggi lands a shot on Lobov’s head his hands will break and is not sure how the former world champion will react if that happens.

“Now Paulie is going to get a very different look when he’s bare-knuckle boxing because he’s going to break both his hands on Artem Lobov’s head,” Hardy said. “He’s got soft hands and no punching power as it is…

“He’s also set the bar very high now because if he goes into this fight against Artem, he breaks both his hands and he can’t continue to fight what’s he going to do? Tough guy it through?”

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/D...-Due-To-Death-Toll-155257#8iK4RP5CR6HZhTlq.99

This is a well thought out statement actually. Color me impressed.

Well Paulie is doing what he set out to do --- trigger mma fans and anyone involved with MMA

When mcgregor says stupid, ignorant things it's brilliant self promotion. Paulie does it and he's an asshole.

I honestly believe artem smokes him

Paulie says a lot of stupid shit but MMA fans are some of the worst.

Hardy is strawmanning the shit out of Paulie and misrepresenting what he said pretty blatantly here.

Come at me Paulie

bO09ZSL.gif

All I know is if Hardy were to bare knuckle Box Paulie my moneys on Dan “The Outlaw” Hardy.

A lot of People sleep on his power, Ko’s Maglioglie(sp I know ) inside of 2

All I know is if Hardy were to bare knuckle Box Paulie my moneys on Dan “The Outlaw” Hardy.

A lot of People sleep on his power, Ko’s Maglioglie(sp I know ) inside of 2
Yeah but he's not a boxer.

And he's also not even that good of a striker.

Well Paulie is doing what he set out to do --- trigger mma fans and anyone involved with MMA

When mcgregor says stupid, ignorant things it's brilliant self promotion. Paulie does it and he's an asshole.
It is brillant self promotion, but they’re both assholes.

Many have said it all along, Paulie's hands are brittle right now and they will break in the fight...he will probably have a good start and then Artem will take over. Would be hilarious if Artem finishes him lol

Hardy believes that once Malignaggi lands a shot on Lobov’s head his hands will break and is not sure how the former world champion will react if that happens.

“Now Paulie is going to get a very different look when he’s bare-knuckle boxing because he’s going to break both his hands on Artem Lobov’s head,” Hardy said. “He’s got soft hands and no punching power as it is…

“He’s also set the bar very high now because if he goes into this fight against Artem, he breaks both his hands and he can’t continue to fight what’s he going to do? Tough guy it through?”

I've been thinking about this as well.

And if Artem learns to lower his forehead more for this fight, he could easily win via "no mas".

He's fighting freaking Lobov under rules that favor him (like all boxers need when facing MMA fighters) and acting like he's fighting MMA's GOAT or something.

Pillow Fisted Paulie is a joke.

Last edited:
The more Hardy speaks, the more I like him... which is unusual.

Back