Which loss if it were to go the other way would have the biggest impact on MMA?

clivers

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Notable mentions

Cm punks debut

Conor v khabib

Conor v Floyd

Weudman v silva 1

Jones vs Gus 1
Fedor vs Fujita

Both would probably have been out of the GOAT discussion.

Conor vs Floyd if we are talking all combat sports, and if we dont care it wasn't close to happen.

Conor beating Floyd would have been the biggest upset in competitive history....sports or otherwise

It's like a rugby team playing the New England Patriots

Notable mentions

Cm punks debut

Conor v khabib

Conor v Floyd

Weudman v silva 1
Hickson vs Rei Zulu 1
Hoyce vs Ken 1
Takada vs Hickson 1

Last edited:
Jones vs Gus 1
Fedor vs Fujita

Both would probably have been out of the GOAT discussion.

Conor vs Floyd if we are talking all combat sports, and if we dont care it wasn't close to happen.

Jones* isn’t in the GOAT discussion.

Floyd has zero to do with mma. And apart from maybe getting a few more ppl to watch McGregor fight Khabib, it’s totally irrelevant.

Rockhold Bisping II really messed up that weight class.

Conor beating Floyd would have been like dropping the A Bomb on boxing. Could you imagine...

Royce Gracie vs Art Jimmerson

Just imagine Royce getting KO'd by a boxer or maybe even the whole tournament being won by a boxer.
The sport of MMA probably wouldn't even exist and bjj would just be another martial art like Karate or Taekwondo instead of being considered something you would need to have in a real fight.

Harold Howard vs Steve Jennum

Jones* isn’t in the GOAT discussion.

Floyd has zero to do with mma. And apart from maybe getting a few more ppl to watch McGregor fight Khabib, it’s totally irrelevant.
Because of steroids? But you think GSP is full natty? Do I have that right? I love GSP but cmon....

No, it didn't. At worst it put it on hold for a year or so.

Bisping beat Rockhold in spring of 2016, avoided fighting the top challengers for a year and a half, GSP taking the belt in November of 2018. GSP gave up the belt, and it has not been contested since then, so we're at three years and running with the MW belt not being contested between the champ and a top MW contender, or two top contenders for the belt.

Before you start with Whittaker, he won the INTERIM belt, while things were taking their sweet time between the Hendo and GSP fights, and then when Romero missed weight, that rematch was a non-title fight, and he was promoted form Interim to Champ without fighting a title fight.

Last edited:
if dc beat jones, he'd be an undefeated two-division champion (assuming he would've still gone back up to his natural weight class).

Wow- this is actually a pretty thought thru and intriguing topic.
There are alot but I would stick to the close fights where the outcome could've been easily different due to performance or premature ref stoppage.

Off top of head, I believe Carwin got jobbed in that 1st round vs Brock.Imo, that fight shouldve been stopped- hence the domino effect of Lesnar losing that fight.

Now , I gotta take some time aside and think this thru

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back