Nate Diaz had all the skills to be champ. Even a long time champ.

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
But he never put it together mentally. No game plan ever. Plus a brother he always listened to and should have NEVER listened to.

Never learned how to check leg kicks

He has the physical aspects....but no mental lololololol

Lol the guy has been dominated by multiple guy's and it had nothing to do with his game plan

No he didn’t. No wrestling, no ko power, can’t check a leg kick and no speed.

I think if he was more aggressive with the Jits when it hit the floor hed be alot better

I hated that Nick waited so long to try his Jits on GSP
They try to box too much most the time

Other then that I agree

Gatekeeper + status. At least he got paid. Pretty damn lucky in that too.

This thread just reminds me how badly Bendo beat him up and embarrassed him.

Yeah, absolutely not.

He's a great fighter, but his style is more than a decade behind the evolution of the sport. That he's even competitive is a testament to how well Diaz uses the limited tools he has tactically.

Example: The Ricardo Arona archtype (Good offensive wrestling, great bjj, no striking) wins 10/10 times, The Sean Sherk archtype(great wrestling, good BJJ defense, no striking) beats him 9/10 times, and the Cro-Cop archtype(great striking with kicks, good takedown defense, no BJJ) beats him 9/10 times.

Those are all 1.5 dimensional styles. You need to go back to mid 2000s to see champions that would be the definite underdog against a wrestler, a BJJ guy, AND a striker who are all utilizing one medium of offense and 2 forms of defense.

Diaz is an immensely talented fighter, but he did not have the skills to be UFC champion at any point since the LW division was brought back.

If anything, Diaz massively overachieved.

No he didn’t. No wrestling, no ko power, can’t check a leg kick and no speed.
He could counter wrestling with Jitz. He is good enough when he actually goes to it. KO power means nothing. The pitter patter punches he throws are way more effective. Checking a kick is part of his lack of fight IQ. Speed is not a requirement either. He breaks down guys by being relentless, and that is a different game than guys that go by speed. See Nate Conor one.

Nates a solid fighter but lets call it the way it is / was. Hes been mollywhopped by every top lightweight he faced ( at the time he faced - outside Conor which was at a different weight class).I mean after punk was done with him, the towel came out and teammates had to run in and collect his bloody pieces- throw everything in a bucket and rush to the awaiting ambulance in the bowels of the arena. That wasnt even a contenders fight.

Last edited:
He should be immediately going for the slap then submission but he wants to mop mfkrs up with them thangz.

Nate Diaz is awesome. Screw the haters, that dude puts it up every time, and he's actually funny as hell if you catch him in a relaxed environment.

War Diaz!

Yeah, absolutely not.

He's a great fighter, but his style is more than a decade behind the evolution of the sport. That he's even competitive is a testament to how well Diaz uses the limited tools he has tactically.

Example: The Ricardo Arona archtype (Good offensive wrestling, great bjj, no striking) wins 10/10 times, The Sean Sherk archtype(great wrestling, good BJJ defense, no striking) beats him 9/10 times, and the Cro-Cop archtype(great striking with kicks, good takedown defense, no BJJ) beats him 9/10 times.

Those are all 1.5 dimensional styles. You need to go back to mid 2000s to see champions that would be the definite underdog against a wrestler, a BJJ guy, AND a striker who are all utilizing one medium of offense and 2 forms of defense.

Diaz is an immensely talented fighter, but he did not have the skills to be UFC champion at any point since the LW division was brought back.

If anything, Diaz massively overachieved.
I don't believe that at all. The sport has not evolved like you say. Maybe a few guys have, but not the whole sport.

I mean, Nate beat up the guy that is getting a title shot. Arona and sherk had a much more limited skill set. And prime cro cop could still be a heavyweight UFC champ.

He could counter wrestling with Jitz. He is good enough when he actually goes to it. KO power means nothing. The pitter patter punches he throws are way more effective. Checking a kick is part of his lack of fight IQ. Speed is not a requirement either. He breaks down guys by being relentless, and that is a different game than guys that go by speed. See Nate Conor one.

Nate is tough as hell with good jitz and boxing but he doesn’t have enough speed, power, or wrestling to be champion, much less a long reigning champ.

Back