Urijah Faber: ‘T.J.’s a master of turning himself into the victim’

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Speaking recently with MMA Tonight, Faber said that he had no doubt Dillashaw will come back from this suspension better than ever because Dillashaw is a cheater and two years is a long time to figure out how to circumvent the rules.

“He’s going to be a beast,” Faber said (h/t Aaron Bronsteter). “He’ll put the scientist’s cap back on and figure out how he can have an advantage. That’s the way he plays. It’s one thing if people just cheat. It’s another thing if they cheat and they’re really intelligent about it and they work really hard and they have natural gifts and that’s the scenario here. If you’re going to be a cheat, you may as well be a cheat like that.

“Now, do I think he’ll be clean? Will there be after effects from whatever he’s been doing all these years? Probably, he’ll have made some gains on that. There’s no doubt that he’ll be a tough guy and people will forget about it like all the other guys who’ve been caught cheating.”

Faber and Dillashaw have a sordid history that’s been well-documented in this column. Dillashaw’s rise to the bantamweight title gave Faber’s Team Alpha Male its first UFC champion. But shortly afterwards, Dillashaw and TAM had an acrimonious split, with Dillashaw following head coach Duane Ludwig to Team Elevation. A bitter feud ensued, that ultimately saw Dillashaw knock out Cody Garbrandt twice, reclaiming the 135-pound title in the process. In the lead up to those fights, Faber and Garbrandt did not shy away from throwing PED accusations at Dillashaw and his suspension seems to have opened up old wounds, especially given how the fights with Garbrandt went.

“When you have somebody that cheats in a sport like this, not only is it dangerous, especially when they have a temper in practice, it’s unfair,” Faber said. “They’re also lying because they know they are doing something deliberately underhanded. They’re also stealing from people that don’t do it, like myself, [or] a guy like Cody Garbrandt. That’s millions of dollars, massive opportunities, that’s physical health.

“T.J.’s a master of turning himself into the victim. Like when he kind of got bought off to go and fight for Team Elevation originally - which is cool, go ahead and do that. Then when Conor called him out and called him a snake . . . somehow he turned that around to where he was a victim. . . He became the victim there and now he’s ‘facing the adversity of getting caught doing EPO’ which is like the height of PED use. There’s no remorse or anything, so that’s kind of hard to see, to be honest. I wish he would just come out and say, ‘Look, this is what I had. I stole, I cheated, I lied.’”

Faber has a point about the apology. Though Dillashaw accepted his suspension, his apology was pointedly nonspecific about what he did, opting instead for a general apology to his teammates and coaches who would be guilty by association. And though it’s hard to draw any other conclusion, Dillashaw never actually admits that he intentionally took EPO. It doesn’t really matter though. Dillashaw is now serving his suspension and will be eligible to return in January of 2023. By that time, says Faber, everyone will have forgotten about the whole thing.

“It’s unfortunate, man,” Faber said. “People are cheating in a sport that’s very dangerous and there’s a lot to gain. And I get it. Rich and famous now, you sold out for that. Great. He’s gonna sit out for another year and half and people will forget about it. But at the end of the day, it’s just not right.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...-apology-tjs-master-of-turning-himself-victim

Even non EPO Dillasnake hapes Faber

chin.png

All the roids in the world and ill still side with tj over TAM for the cunty and bitchy way they acted on TUF.

Chad cheated, and TAM is full of a bunch of meathead bros, doubt they're all clean.

I wonder if he thinks the same of Chad, who also popped as well :eek:

Strange how Faber doesn't realize this just speaks badly on himself and his team.

What a hypocrite. Uriah has been playing the victim card endlessly since TJ left his camp. This is a full on case of projecting your own guilt onto another.

I bet Faber had nothing to say in regards to Jones cheating though. That wouldn't be good or popular for his image.

Faber is not a stand-up guy.

That wasn't his point, his point was TJ always tries to play the victim, reading comprehension is your friend

LOL NOBODY plays the victim like Faber.

I thought tj completely owned it? And we can't act like Faber can be objective when it comes to tj

Lol nobody thinks he's a victim
His team are trying to play that angle.

Look at Ludwig and the treigning lab instagram/facebook posts and you'll see how they are trying to play it like he is some fallen soldier.

Look at tj's so-called apology - it was all about him and nothing about the fighters he's faced and potentially ruined.

TJ is a proven cheater now but O very highly doubt that Faber and Cody are clean. They are all on steroids and Cody even said TJ showed everybody how to do steroids at TAM. They are just hypocrites and won't say shit about their cheater friends like Chad.

That wasn't his point, his point was TJ always tries to play the victim, reading comprehension is your friend

Reading comprehension includes implication and context, friend. Urijah's entire obsession fom the beginning has been being the victim of TJ and Ludwig. Maybe you didn't notice, but Urijah's proof of TJ playing the victim is Urijah being a victim. This is nonsense reasoning.

Nobody thinks TJ is playing the victim except for Urijah who is projecting his own victim status onto TJ.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

Even non EPO Dillasnake hapes Faber
Honestly don't know. TJ's style usually revolved around moving at a ridiculous pace. The EPO could have been a big factor in that.

Back