If you take away DC's losses to Jon Jones

NorrisB

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Is there any legit arguments he's not the GOAT?

Goat ufc heavyweight potentially

But no

I mean if you take away Conor's losses to Diaz and Khabib you could make a case for him to be a goat. but that didn't happen

He has one loss on his record. It was a decision loss to Jones years ago. Since then he has held both the LHW strap and the HW strap. He is undefeated at HW. He has defended at both weight classes. He has never tested positive.

You tell me.

yes. his level of competition is far below other candidates, even stipe.

lets revisit this topic in august.

Hendo, Cummins, Nelson, Mir all were in the middle of, or going into huge losing slides. The Gus win was big, but I thought he lost. He got Anderson on like 48 hours notice, Rumble wins are impresive. Derrick Lewis, meh. Volkan, we all now realize he's not what we thought. The win over Stipe was impressive.

He's obviously incredible, he's a great champion, fantastic human. I dont think his career is more impressive than GSP's.

He doesn’t have the defences to justify being in the GOAT conversation. It’s that simple. Ppl don’t seem to be able to differentiate between a p4p great, and a GOAT.

In fact most in here can’t get either one right.

GOAT means the hardest man to beat regardless of weight classes and whatnot (I have nothing against weight divisions, but they're pretty arbitrary and artificial at the end of the day)

So DC is arguably the GOAT, yea. Even Jon Jones (steroid case whose victories over DC even at a lower weight class shouldn't count) admits he's too afraid to fight Cormier at HW

Last edited by a moderator:
If you take away BJs losses is he the GOAT?.

I would say obviously Jones is the GOAT but this thread is in an imaginary land where Jon Jones was never born so we'll leave him off the list.

If you value accumulated achievement, he wouldn't make the mark on the basis of starting MMA late, and kind of hanging out fighting non-elite competition for a healthy chunk.

However, in terms of who the baddest man ever was to walk through the cage at a given time...he would be right up there. If not literally pretty damn close.

No, GSP would still be the GOAT IMO.

But to be fair, you can almost take those losses away from DC anyway, because he lost to a CHEESY CHEATER who is like 10 years younger lol

Take away anyone's losses and they immediately appear better. This isn't fantasy land, DC never beat Jones and never will be considered GOAT of anything because of that fact.

GSP
Title record: 13-2
Title defences: 9
Reigns: 4
Championship weight classes: 2

DC
Title record: 6-1-0-1
Title defences: 4
Reigns: 2
Championship weight classes: 2

DC literally has less than half the title wins, defences, and reigns.

me, talking to my car insurance provider: if you take away those two accidents I caused, am I the GOAT driver?

insurance agent: what?

me: am I the GOAT of driving?

insurance agent: what does that even -- you were in two horrible accidents. You totaled your car twice.

me: yeah, but without those

insurance agent: it doesn't --

me: I don't see what's so difficult about this

Back