What happens with undefeated 20-0 WW Alexei Kunchenko?

pankrat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This guy is a bad matchup for just about anyone.
20 pro fights 20 wins
Multiple champion in several combat sports.
Also a very nice guy, especially for a Russian.

He should get a ranked WW but there is no news about him.
Also, he doesnt have social media. Big handicap in ufc today

Last fought in December

Should be due

He is 35, unfortunately. If he has Romero's longevity, he might win a title.

The guy that was hyped-up as a destroyer and barely out-pointed Thiago Alves?

EDIT: I didn't even know he had another UFC fight! A decision against Okami...

Last edited:
He lost to Alves in my opinion. Extremely padded record.

He build that record in a major promotion in Russia. Thats legit.
Alves is a solid vet. Kunchenko didnt have his best performance against him but he still won and barely took damage

Last edited:
people would have to care about him for him to be overrated.

he's looked fringe UFC level.

He is not particularly impressive but doesnt have real weaknesses.
As opposed to Curtis Millender for example, who can look as a destroyer against Alves but then gets exposed in less favourable match ups.
It will be hard for anyone to really expose Kunchenko in any area.
You will find out

He’ll prob be put in the undercard of Fight Night events against middle of the pack fighters to get on a win streak within the promotion, and then be randomly thrown straight into a headliner or co-headliner of a Fight Night. If he loses that fight, he’ll be buried in the prelims/undercard again for his next 4 fights.

He’ll prob be put in the undercard of Fight Night events against middle of the pack fighters to get on a win streak within the promotion, and then be randomly thrown straight into a headliner or co-headliner of a Fight Night. If he loses that fight, he’ll be buried in the prelims/undercard again for his next 4 fights.

I honestly think he will get a high profile match up next. Definitely in the main card in case it is a fight night event. He was alresdy headlining the prelims in his last bout, which he dominated.
You dont get a 20-0 record coming out of such a tough circuit as Russia every day...

Last edited:
I honestly think he will get a high profile match up next. Definitely in the main card in case it is a fight night event. He was alresdy headlining the prelims in his last bout, which he dominated.
You dont get a 20-0 record coming out of such a tough circuit as Russia every day...

I’m expecting a Rustam Khabilov treatment case with him here. Where he debuted undercard (Vinc Pichel) next fight headlined the prelims (Yancy), main card (Masvidal), and then headlined event against Bendo. However, Khabilov has since been buried in the prelims after those first 4 UFC fights.

This is all conjecture tho and I could be totally wrong.

He's a good fighter but he's aging and nothing special tbh

A very good fighter but not an elite one

If he ends up in a title eliminator someday feel free to bump this, I'll be happy to be wrong

I don't see it though

He's a good fighter but he's aging and nothing special tbh

A very good fighter but not an elite one

If he ends up in a title eliminator someday feel free to bump this, I'll be happy to be wrong

I don't see it though
Well not sure what you mean by elite but I would say Kunchenko is certainly elite.
I agree he does nothing particularly special but dont see any weakness on him either.
Great striking fundamentals and great clinch. Strong, durable, powerful and cardio.
Dont know if he will get to a tittle eliminator as it depends a lot on the path UFC gives him. UFC rarely fast track a Russian to the top. Emeev is another example.
There arent many WWs who would have an easy fight with Kunchenko, thats for sure

Last edited:
Back