Tony Ferguson is a genius for accepting Cerrone. He knows itll be his easiest fight in a while.

13 others

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Tony shouldn't be fighting for anything less than a title but I am sure he needs a steady stream of income and since he isn't next in line then why not take a gimme fight to get paid and stay active. He is going to walk through Cerrone in 2 rds.

Cerrone is a good fighter but he folds in these big fights. We saw it against RDA and against Till as of late. Ferguson and his managemrnt know this fight is a lock. I'm personally shocked to see people think Cerrone has a chance and I think Cerrone is making a big mistake for accepting this fight so soon. For Cerrone to even be competitive he needs a very good full camp with a nice recovery. Itll still be a good fight though.

Anyways, for those of you who bet I would parlay Ferguson and Tai Tuivasa. Those are the biggest locks at 238. Easy picks. Should be a good night.

I'll wait and see what his payday is before anointing him with genius status. I'm having trouble believing this pays better than the interim title fight he passed up.

I personally think Tony takes it, but Cowboy is rarely an easy fight. Also Tony usually gets hit quite a bit before he finds his rhythm. Don't be shocked if Cowboy catches him early.

Just like you predicted Lee would smash Dos Anjos right? You have a Chael Sonnen level track record at picking fight outcomes, stop saying things are a "lock."

Tony probably wins, but to call this a "lock" is foolish.

My two favourite LWs and I Hope tony wins but I have a strange feeling this is the fight where he finally gets KO’d

I really hope I’m wrong and he wins after a violent war in typical tony fashion

Cerrone is a mentality frail fighter. Tony is going to bully him and we will see Donald melt as he’s want to do in big fight. Maybe after the beating Tony is gonna put on him Donald will stop pretending to be a cowboy.

Tony shouldn't be fighting for anything less than a title but I am sure he needs a steady stream of income and since he isn't next in line then why not take a gimme fight to get paid and stay active. He is going to walk through Cerrone in 2 rds.

Cerrone is a good fighter but he folds in these big fights. We saw it against RDA and against Till as of late. Ferguson and his managemrnt know this fight is a lock. I'm personally shocked to see people think Cerrone has a chance and I think Cerrone is making a big mistake for accepting this fight so soon. For Cerrone to even be competitive he needs a very good full camp with a nice recovery. Itll still be a good fight though.

Anyways, for those of you who bet I would parlay Ferguson and Tai Tuivasa. Those are the biggest locks at 238. Easy picks. Should be a good night.
OHNONONONO! Stahp, delet this thread immediately!

This is the guy who is always wrong in his predictions.

What's the reason Cowboy is consistently a "slow starter"? Given that this has been a known problem, why is it hard to fix? Apparently it's not a matter of warming up / getting hit a few times in the back room. Is this a side-effect of not sparring much, so he's has to get the timing back? Or?

Would have been an easy win for McGregor as well. I agree it was a smart choice for Tony. Cerrone has lots of hype currently but frankly isn't as good as a lot of casuals think he is. He chokes every time he gets near a title.

Tony smashes, Cerrone goes back into the deeper end of the pond and it helps to keep Tony relevant.

I think at this point, we can happily write McGregor off.

Did you watch Cerrone vs. Iaquinta? Did you watch Ferguson vs. Vannetta?
I give Donald a 39.69 % chance too win this fight. Not a gimme at all.

Big Tony fan here, but you are delusional if you see this as a lock. How in hell is this an easier, or better paying fight than Max?

You again and your stupid ass prediction ITS MMA anything can happen so stop saying some fighter doesn't stand a chance vs other fighter. At this point im not even sure if you're being serious how just trolling that's how fooking stupid you look

What's the reason Cowboy is consistently a "slow starter"? Given that this has been a known problem, why is it hard to fix? Apparently it's not a matter of warming up / getting hit a few times in the back room. Is this a side-effect of not sparring much, so he's has to get the timing back? Or?

Could be nerves. Karo Parysian had the same issue and spoke openly about his pychological issues getting into the cage.

Cerrone may need the time to loosen up and lose the jitters.

Just like you predicted Lee would smash Dos Anjos right? You have a Chael Sonnen level track record at picking fight outcomes, stop saying things are a "lock."

Is Lee beating RDA the easiest call of the year?
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/is-lee-beating-rda-the-easiest-call-of-the-year.3960137/

Not only is Lee going to have a huge size advantage but he is going to be stronger and quicker. RDA has been looking like a former shell of himself. I might not even watch this fight if I can find something better to do because RDA is going to get ragdolled. Kinda sucks have squash matches as main events.

This was the only fight he was getting.

He is not a genius (by a long stretch).

He wanted Conor & Khabib.

Big Tony fan here, but you are delusional if you see this as a lock. How in hell is this an easier, or better paying fight than Max?

Max is a better fighter than Cerrone? He is giving up size but Cerrone simply isn't that good. Career top 10? Definitely but thats about it.

I believe Tony would have beaten Max at 155 just based on his size but Tony gets dropped a lot in fights and Max has very accurate striking. Poirier simply has a very good chin at 155.

Yeah, I had a couple off picks in the past but I think the majority know that sometimes you just get unlucky. Dont tell me that Rose, Silva, and Lee were bad picks as of late. Not my fault that crazy flukes are happening left and right. Lee wasn't ready for 170. He would adjust and win the rematch imo. Ferguson vs Cerrone is the definition of a lock if there every was one.

Stop talking nonsense about old Cerrone, because Daddy-Cerrone is where it's at and he's a very bad bad match for Tony, standup superior, plus, great takedown defense, plus Tonys takedowns are weak.
I kind of hate this fight, because i wanted to see the Kebap vs. Tony.

Easy? Nahhhh I think Tony will win this but he is going to take a lot of damage doing it.

He’s a pressure fighter and Cowboy is one of the best counter strikers in the sport. Tony isn’t breezing through this and I expect him to look like he did after the Pettis fight.

Back