Better boxer, Conor or Maldonado?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
So, as much as people shit on Fabio for being a bad fighter, in pro boxing, he's 26 wins, 25 kos, and 2 losses against two undefeated boxers.

That would make him the best boxer who took MMA seriously. He did actually start boxing first from my understanding. There were guys like Toney and Mercer, but they fought just like once. Then, there is Nishijima, who in MY opinion is the highest level boxer who fought the highest level of competitions, not just a one off. When Melvin Manhoef takes you down, it shows that your ground game is God awful, but also you are a fucking beast on the feet, but Nishijimas career didnt last long either. It surely didnt help that he literally got thrown into the fucking wolves that were like 2 weight classes above.

I mean, Conor looks pretty smooth on the feet, but people shit on Conor all the time, this and that and yada yada, and they do that for Fabio too, probably a lot more for Fabio.

However, one fought the best boxer of our generation, though I think Floyd ducked Manny before he got knocked the fuck out, and the other has the best pro boxing record right now amongst all active MMA fighters at, 26(25 kos) - 2.

Whos a better boxer, since there seems to be a lot more talk about pro boxing with a loud mouth itallian soon fighting the GOAT.

Is this actually a question?

Conor’s a scrub. Masvidal has way better boxing. I don’t get why ppl think Conor is the gold standard for boxing in mma. Guy can’t even throw a jab.

I know the answer TS
depositphotos_91740450-stock-illustration-get-a-life-motivational-poster.jpg

When you look at a boxer's record, you really have to look at who they were fighting and where those fights were taking place. Maldonado accumulated a good record, but he was fighting in Brazil where the level of boxing is just not very high.

His 2 losses were really the first time he left Brazil, and you see what happened.

I suppose his professional experience still puts him above Conor. But neither one of them are quality boxers at the professional level.

Ehh, Conor, and I'm not a fan at all.

The reasons I say that is because first of all, the Brazilian boxing circuit just isn't that good to begin with, and secondly, Fabio's 26 fight win streak is literally all tomato cans. I don't throw that term around loosely, but my God, look at their records.

Conor is a far superior boxer to Maldonado to answer your question
You could've done a simple google search of his amateur background and not looked stupid.

But ya chose this road.

Lol at the confidence.

Khabib's standup is actually horrible yes. as you can see
..Conor is clearly anticipating a takedown attempt from Khabib. Khabib uses the threat of the takedown to his advantage...you know...like most wrestlers in mma. do you even mma bro?

Obviously Maldonado is more accomplished, but given enough time, Conor would be a more successful boxer than him.

Clearly Conor's boxing has translated better to MMA than Brawdonado's....

miocic.gif

<BC1>
That wasn't the question.

Only good name on Maldonado's record is Rivas (who's fighting Dillian Whyte next) and maybe Teslenko and he lost those fights.

Have to mention, Maldonado is a pro boxer since 2002, that's almost two decades, but he didn't fought regularly.

He has done more because Conor has no boxing fights other than Mayweather fight.

However, Conor would pass the eye test w/a better grade; Fabio's a clumsy puncher with a solid chin.

Brawldonado isn't that good. The boxing in Brazil is like wrestling in Ireland, so it doesn't take a lot to do well. Conversely, the boxing in Ireland is very high level, especially where Conor is from, with many Euro champs, Olympic contenders and medalists. Conor's recently released spar was against a national champ, so that guy alone is likely much better than anyone Brawldonado faced.

Well obviously 26-2 is a better boxing record than 0-1 you halfwit, but McGregor even with very little time to train showed more boxing chops against Mayweather than Brawldonado in any of his fights.

That was the question, and Conor is a far superior MMA boxer to boot.
Careful, there are legit tons of people on here that think Brawldonado is a better boxer than the lineal FW champ and first champ champ ever, Conor, who is a striker who had success solely owing to his boxing. And if people say Conor's boxing sux or is trash, then how was he able to win all the titles he did? His kicking, cardio, wrestling?

Conor is 0-1 in Boxing.
Discussion ended.

All you noobs saying Conor are embarassing, Maldonado is a much more accomplished and better boxer, end of story. Maldonado didn't fight fucking 40 year old 135 lbs midgets with brittle hands that he had a 10 pound size advantage on and lost.
Floyd is a great boxer, don't get me wrong, but lol that was just embarassing for Conor.

Edit: If Conor fought at LHW like Maldonado his record would look a lot different. lol @ post above me

Back