Is Conor still the A side?

suhdude

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
ufc and conor couldn’t come to an agreement with him fighting because it came down to conor not being the headliner. Conor didn’t like ufc playing hardball. They still haven’t booked a match.

Is conor still the A side? Would he be the A side vs Khabib in the rematch? What is more important to have clout or championship. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Example: Everyone knew DC was just holding the title for Jones. Is khabib holding the title for McGregor?

I guess for mma standards he is

Yeah, like it or not hes the biggest name in MMA by far.

UFC is always the A side
Conor is the B side and whoever his opponent is the Z side

he keeps on falling off in the public's eye.

He is the A side when it comes to him vs any opponent.

As far as Conor vs UFC, he would be the B side.

The A side is the bigger draw

So the answer is yes

He will always be the A side against any other MMA fighter. I am not sure if he is still the A side with regards with the company. The rationale of A side being without that person who is A side then the B side cannot eat.

One out of every three Sherdog forum threads are about him.

Yes, he is the fucking A side.

He's one fight (loss) out of being a double champ.

Yes, he is the fucking A side.

Is he the A side?

FUCKIN A he is.

It seems with the ESPN deal, the UFC brass just cbf at the moment with Conor, cant blame them. They have a fixed rate for ufc cards so they wont expose themselves for the sake of more views, when ultimately it would be largely useless. Pretty obvious too that if Conor does return, it would not be in any meaningful or sustained capacity, therefore whats the point in ruining what has become the best division in the promotion, when its completely unnecessary!

He is 2-2 over the last 4-5 years. Is that what is considered the A side?

Floyd called it. Conor is the prostitute. The UFC pimps him out wherever they think will bring numbers in for themselves. His fights don't even make sense.

Despite his great MMA skills he's campaigned hard to achieve the other end of the spectrum to a true athlete (the original sense of the word) - what he values most is commercial success, to become a celebrity. On that meter and in his eyes, those of the UFC and casual fans he is the A side for most, not all, money fights.

But for me and many others that doesn't impress, and now there are others in the top ten I'd consider the true A side in a match up with him. I think it's a shame he's taken such a negative path - he achieved what he wanted quicker, yes, but he's trashed himself in the process. There's no human side, he's become a cliché of (if some of the news stories pan out to be true) the worst kind.

He tried to play the A side in negotiations and UFC passed on him and made other fights. His stock has fallen. Hasnt won a fight in nearly 3 years.

Technically yes but its a weird one, i can't recall another person in combats sports who was the A side but at the same time the underdog and also looked at as a complete clown who has fell off dramatically by many people. He's become like a soap opera slash reality TV show at this point.

The magic and aura he once had is no more, hes a shadow of his former self in that regards, The aura energy and belief he and his fans had when he was on his winning streak, after he ko'd aldo etc it was pure magic, he had people thinking he was invincible sureal not human. While he never displayed anywhere near the same skill as say anderson silva his aura for a brief period was on par with Anderson in his matrix prime. I don't believe conor will ever recapture that.

It seems with the ESPN deal, the UFC brass just cbf at the moment with Conor, cant blame them. They have a fixed rate for ufc cards so they wont expose themselves for the sake of more views, when ultimately it would be largely useless. Pretty obvious too that if Conor does return, it would not be in any meaningful or sustained capacity, therefore whats the point in ruining what has become the best division in the promotion, when its completely unnecessary!

If UFC cards keep bombing, there will be pressure from ESPN for some results. They didn't sign up for <100K PPV buy's for every single event.

If the trend of abysmally low PPV sales continues, draws such as Lesnar, Conor, and GSP will have their bargaining powers back.

He tried to play the A side in negotiations and UFC passed on him and made other fights. His stock has fallen. Hasnt won a fight in nearly 3 years.
His stock has fallen in a weird way though, people doubt his fighting ability again but he will probably still bring in bigger numbers than ever. He's never not going to be entertaining. Long lay offs only help his numbers too because people want him in there.

If he comes back as a PPV headline and KOs someone again he'll be bigger than ever. Short term memory in MMA is for reals and it happens to everyone, even hardcore fans lose interest after 1 or 2 losses.

Back