Did Cannonier show you enough that he's a threat to Adesanya?

EricaLovesUFC

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hard to say in my opinion. Cannonier definitely had a better game plan on how to attack Silva than Adesanya did, but who knows how limited Silva really was. Time will tell if Cannonier is just a fringe contender ala Derek Brunson or a legit contender. Definitely seems like an intelligent and confident fighter.

He's a weird fighter to keep up with. HW to LHW and now tearing it up at MW... I like this version of him keepin it real instead of the Jewish guy. By Jewish I meant this:
hqdefault.jpg

Oh yea, he wrecks Adessanya if they were to fight.

Last edited:
He's a weird fighter to keep up with. HW to LHW and now tearing it up at MW... I like this version of him keepin it real instead of the Jewish guy.

Oh yea, he wrecks Adessanya if they were to fight.
Better than Rumble you think? Another fighter who couldn't decide on a weight class

Better than Rumble you think? Another fighter who couldn't decide on a weight class
Rumble probably has more power but he quits when he tires. Felt like he would have beaten DC in their rematch until he decided to wrestle and tap out. He also started at WW and moved up before settling on LHW which I think was his best weight class.

Cannoier seems to have found his groove at MW so far with 2 KOs. I guess he's more durable, he walked Anderson down and wrecked his leg.

Cant say who is better between the 2. But I feel they both KO Adessanya.

Why are we talking about adesanya the guys is about to lose his next fight and the hype train will crash

Last edited:
Israel is completely overrated but at least he has credentials outside of MMA to vouch for his skills to supplement his weak resume... he has the potential to be good although I feel like a decent wrestler would completely expose him.

Cannonier on the other hand really has very little going for him IMO. He's 35, he has some telling losses and zero quality wins. He was a complete waste of the spot for Anderson's (likely) last opponent IMO

Israel struggled against Anderson. Cannonier is a much better fighter than Anderson.

Adesanya is overrated as fuck. That said he pieces up slow stiff Cannonier in a couple rounds

Cannonier has a really weird rhythm, and it's effective as hell, not to mention, he has legit 1 punch KO power. If he used a grappling threat based attack on top of his boxing, he can surely upset Israel, but smart money would be on Israel just picking him apart with jabs, and long range kicks.

This is actually a really intriguing, and super entertaining match up that should be made, but are we forgetting he has to fight Bobby Knucks? Israel ain't getting past that savage.

Or is Bobby still too injured to fight at this point? Haven't kept up to date on Whitaker's situation.

Yeah he beat Anderson easily via tko. Izzy couldn’t do much to Anderson.

Cannonier would smash Izzy.

Back