Media Alexander Volkanovski Comments On Frankie Edgar Getting a TS Before Him

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 545701

They'll probably put the champion vs Volkanovski on the Whittaker Israel card anyways. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

I still think Volk is a much tougher fight than Edgar, and Frankie isn't even an easy match up

Its cool, max needs a gimme to get his confidence back up

-<OKC16>

E3763v2.jpg

Its cool, max needs a gimme to get his confidence back up

-<OKC16>

This is why I hate this fight.

This is a lose lose for Max, if he wins, people will say he beat an over the hill, past his Prime, Frankie Edgar who's 1-1 in his last 2, and got KO'ed by Brian Ortega, who got destroyed by Max.

If Max loses, he sucks, and was never good, and that it proves he's been ducking wrestlers all his life.

They'll also mention how Max can only beat Manlets with height and reach disadvantages.

Max can't win in this situation, and most casuals who don't follow the sport will think Frankie's last fight, he got uppercutted a few feet in the air.

Him losing to Dustin really threw a wrench in his tire. He'll always be good at FW, but his time will come to move up to LW, and doesn't really have much power, or sit on his punches.

If he loses, I say he take some time like GSP did and get used to fighting at 155, and actually add 10 pounds of muscle, in the Dustin fight, he looked kinda fat.

another poster said that they were using edgar as a tune-up fight for holloway, and at first i had a problem with him getting another shot but i'm starting to believe the same thing.

i think holloway beats edgar's ass.

Alex should be pleased he has time to recover properly and can watch them fight next and get tape on them.

This is why I hate this fight.

This is a lose lose for Max, if he wins, people will say he beat an over the hill, past his Prime, Frankie Edgar who's 1-1 in his last 2, and got KO'ed by Brian Ortega, who got destroyed by Max.

If Max loses, he sucks, and was never good, and that it proves he's been ducking wrestlers all his life.

They'll also mention how Max can only beat Manlets with height and reach disadvantages.

Max can't win in this situation, and most casuals who don't follow the sport will think Frankie's last fight, he got uppercutted a few feet in the air.

Him losing to Dustin really threw a wrench in his tire. He'll always be good at FW, but his time will come to move up to LW, and doesn't really have much power, or sit on his punches.

If he loses, I say he take some time like GSP did and get used to fighting at 155, and actually add 10 pounds of muscle, in the Dustin fight, he looked kinda fat.
yeah i think holloway is still a top 5 guy at LW who would break most of the division, but the power just wasn't there, you should be able to hurt poirier if you're landing that many clean shots, poirier got " stung " a couple of times but not really " hurt ".

if he does go up to LW for good he definitely needs to put on some more muscle and start sitting into his punches a little more, i think he would've beaten poirier had he fought a little smarter too and not relied on his chin that much.

meh...

Dont listen to these people. Frankie does get a ton of respect though... so i dont expect there will be many

another poster said that they were using edgar as a tune-up fight for holloway, and at first i had a problem with him getting another shot but i'm starting to believe the same thing.

i think holloway beats edgar's ass.

As Holloway's biggest fan, I don't know how I feel about this, I want Max to bounce back, but not like this, and should Frankie get the W, Max's Legacy at FW and in the P4P Rankings will be in Jeopardy

I'll be happy for Max, of course, but I know he'll face backlash even in Victory, and Hardcore fans will hold it against him.

As Holloway's biggest fan, I don't know how I feel about this, I want Max to bounce back, but not like this, and should Frankie get the W, Max's Legacy at FW and in the P4P Rankings will be in Jeopardy

I'll be happy for Max, of course, but I know he'll face backlash even in Victory, and Hardcore fans will hold it against him.
it's fine man, anyone with a brain knows holloway is a fuckin beast and arguable FW GOAT (or getting close to it) and edgar is still a good win (and i hate edgar).

i think you'll be fine, i just don't see holloway losing to edgar, i think he'll piece him up and look great.

I didn't get why this was such a big deal. It seems like Holloway wanted to fight sooner than Volkanovski wanted to/was available to so they picked the next guy in line which was Edgar.

it's fine man, anyone with a brain knows holloway is a fuckin beast and arguable FW GOAT (or getting close to it) and edgar is still a good win (and i hate edgar).

i think you'll be fine, i just don't see holloway losing to edgar, i think he'll piece him up and look great.

I honestly hope you guys are right, I have faith in your words. I'll just have to wait and see.

I'm a Max fan for life, just a little unsure right now, but thanks guys, your words do give me a little hope.

Alex should be pleased he has time to recover properly and can watch them fight next and get tape on them.

Honestly it's good for Volkanovski, Edgar is the best wrestler Holloway has fought by far and if he loses he can see what worked for Edgar and what didn't and come up with a better gameplan to beat Holloway if he beats Edgar. If Edgar wins he still gets more footage of Edgar to work with.

I honestly hope you guys are right, I have faith in your words. I'll just have to wait and see.

I'm a Max fan for life, just a little unsure right now, but thanks guys, your words do give me a little hope.
hahahaha i know how you feel though, sometimes i wish i didn't have favourite fighters because i get so fucking nervous for every single matchup.

seriously though i think you're good, max is most likely going to piece him the fuck up and probably stop him.

Edgar will get KO'd round 1

Then hopefully max can have a quick turnaround against Volk.

Worst case scenario: Zabit beats Ortega and Ali Aziz gets involved and they make a title eliminator match between volk and zabit. which I would still watch.

<{monica}>
Nothing left to be said. #BlessedEraForeva

Honestly it's good for Volkanovski, Edgar is the best wrestler Holloway has fought by far and if he loses he can see what worked for Edgar and what didn't and come up with a better gameplan to beat Holloway if he beats Edgar. If Edgar wins he still gets more footage of Edgar to work with.

Definitely agree.

Back