Question about Silva-Sonnen

EricaLovesUFC

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I was just watching a clip of Pele dropping Matt Hughes with a knee on a takedown attempt.

My question is why couldn't Silva pull that off on one Sonnen's several takedown attempts? Are they that hard to time?

kinda hard to think and analyze when you are getting dropped and taken down by the goat.

I was just watching a clip of Pele dropping Matt Hughes with a knee on a takedown attempt.

My question is why couldn't Silva pull that off on one Sonnen's several takedown attempts? Are they that hard to time?
I'd say yeah they are. Jeremy Stephens got a flying knee on Bermudez. Only one I can think of at the moment.

Chael was an olympic alternate and was on steroids. (both were i guess)

Chael fought very well on his feet in that fight too.

He got a KO like that on Newton in pride.

I've never trained intercepting knees for TD attempts but I can only assume it's hard but the timing gets easier the more reps you put in.

Why can't everyone KO their opponent in 7 seconds? Ryan Jimmo did it to Anthony Perosh so it's definitely possible so.... everyone should be doing it:

2lbe6gg_crop_north.png

Hughes’ setups were not as good as Sonnen’s. Sonnen did incredibly well on the feet and that will always help a wrestler.

I think it's either really hard or really risky..

I think Cerrone does it better than anybody ever.

Would have loved to see him knock the fucking wind out of Khabib doing that.

Why can't everyone KO their opponent in 7 seconds? Ryan Jimmo did it to Anthony Perosh so it's definitely possible so.... everyone should be doing it:

2lbe6gg_crop_north.png
Todd Duffee

I'd say yeah they are. Jeremy Stephens got a flying knee on Bermudez. Only one I can think of at the moment.

Chael fought perfect on the feet for a lifelong grappler. Looked like he was about to shoot and threw hard punches, lots of pressure on the feet so when the TD comes you have the safety net of pinning your opponent against the cage in case they stuff you.

All great stuff. Underappreciated performance by Chael. All anyone talks about is how amazing Andersons comeback was without going into how amazing Chael looked in forcing Anderson to pull of said comeback.

Anderson fought with rib injury in the 1st fight. In the second fight Cheal had sucess only in the first round with tdd. And yeah try to land a knee when yours ribs are injured.

Chael was very underrated on his feet. Obviously not a KO artist at all but pretty movile, dinamic and quick for an Olympic caliber wrestler

You think that a knee would be enough to deal with the Man of Steel?

Anderson fought with rib injury in the 1st fight. In the second fight Cheal had sucess only in the first round with tdd. And yeah try to land a knee when yours ribs are injured.
I believe that was just a bullshit excuse for his performance

Believe it or not there are some retarded silva Nuthuggers that believe in this
Call me a hugger but Silva wearing his gi to the octagon and take into account him destroying sonnen the second fight there is some validity to the argument.

Back