Why do people pretend Ben didn't take Robbie's best shots????

gspfedkobe24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Do you really think if Robbie couldn't finish him with those vicious blows he was going to finish him after getting choked? Be serious guys all we learned is Ben proved his granite chin is second to nobody in the UFC!

Ben showed he's a tough guy, if that's what you're fishing for TS.

Ben is a tough guy, but that fight was razor close to being stopped. And a submission like a bulldog choke is kind of a flukey sub to get in my eye

Masvidal is a whole different animal though. Very quick striker good footwork. If Masvidal can avoid a clinchy wrestlefuckery type fight ben has no chance.

Ben must get a takedown in the first two minutes or he will get picked apart.

Do you really think if Robbie couldn't finish him with those vicious blows he was going to finish him after getting choked? Be serious guys all we learned is Ben proved his granite chin is second to nobody in the UFC!

He did well to recover, but let's not pretend he didn't go out for a second after the slam and follow up blows. The ref was well within his right to stop it.

If that fight had been stopped when Ben was getting hit, it would've been one of Herb Dean's least controversial stoppages.

Yes he survived & is as tough as they come. But he did look like he was getting beat into a living death for a moment.

There is a gif where it quite clearly shows Ben go OUT. Completely limp and unconscious. And then the following punch wakes him back up....

In any case he deserves a great deal of credit for surviving all of that.

I thought it was good he got a chance to get out of a tough spot. I wish we would've gotten to see if Lawler would go to sleep, tap, or survive the choke.

Askren was clean out for a few seconds and is very lucky the fight didn't get stopped.

Tbh if the ref does'nt stop it and a flash KOd fighter wake up and continue the match without external help, it's ok to me

Who is pretending they weren't Robbies best shots?

People are unhappy the fight was stopped early.

Maybe Askren could have finished that choke or maybe Robbie could have got out, but Herb didn't give them the chance.

It's not hard to understand really.

Dude actrually does kinda look like a roman statue with his facial features and curls. Granite chin is very fitting indeed.

Askren was clean out for a few seconds and is very lucky the fight didn't get stopped.
Few seconds it's a bit of exageration, he's been out for the time of one punch, then the next one woke him up

Exactly...the fight ended with lawler in a very bad position...and askren having just survived that assault..if lawler couldn't finish askren with that slam..same slam as what andrade did to rose, by the way...he wasn't going to stop askren later.

Ben is a tough guy, but that fight was razor close to being stopped. And a submission like a bulldog choke is kind of a flukey sub to get in my eye

Masvidal is a whole different animal though. Very quick striker good footwork. If Masvidal can avoid a clinchy wrestlefuckery type fight ben has no chance.

Ben must get a takedown in the first two minutes or he will get picked apart.

ben never gets picked apart...and askren was on lawler so fast, he didn't have a chance to do anything, once askren survived the initial onslaught. I don't think mas hits hard enough to stop askren...he certainly doesn't hit harder than robbie.

Wasn't askren unconscious at a point in that fight

I think they're both awesome and Ben showed he's a warrior because Robbie was a demon in that fight, what a great, if a bit short battle and whatever the underlying truth is the stoppage was fair IMO.

Back