Why I love wmma, right now $$$

GiSP

Canada or USA. I’m an International Man of Misery
Banned
Reaction score
Why I love wmma today.

If you hate the ladies move on. But if you have a brain you realize I’m about to lay down some TRUTH.

Ducking divas.

The LW division is arguably the best and most stacked division in the UFC. I readily admit it. But wtf good is that if the clowns in the top 5 do every damn thing they can to avoid fighting?

Down at SW, I’ve only seen two clear ducks. Joanna and Claudia are FLAT OUT ducking Weili. They don’t want anything to do with that woman. Probably a wise, if somewhat cowardly position to take, tbh.

But where else right NOW do you see any woman ducking any other woman?

Huge props to Rose, here. She stepped into the lion’s den, and defended in Brazil...Against a Brazilian. Likey one of the ballsiest attempted defences I’ve ever seen. Watching the Open Workout, she was very well received, and respected by the Brazilian crowd. Props to everybody invloved in that exhibition, btw.

But, I knew it was going to be very different at fight time. It sure as fuck was. But, especially in victory, the Brazil crowd showed Rose the love, and respect I believe she had certainly earned.

But, in wmma apart from ridiculous call outs, ie Michelle Waterson asking for a TS. The girls ask for realistic opponents in fights that actually make sense.

They are hungry. There is no ducking. There is no running. These women especially in the top 5 of each division want to fight. They want to prove they are the best. They believe in themselves and the thought of cherry picking, or ducking, or sitting out doesn’t enter into the conversation.

I’ve been accused of giving the ladies too much love lately. Well, why the fuck not? Have you seen the big wmma fights the last 6 months? Cris vs Amanda... If that didn’t have you psyched, I really can’t see how you can call yourself a fan of MMA...Period.

A true Super fight (Though I hate that word and what it represents in the UFC today). A woman that has ruled over her division for a whole decade, in Cris Cyborg. And a Lioness in Ananda Nunes, from a division lower that tastes blood, and isn’t about to let that meal get away.

How about that Rose Namajunas vs Jessica Andrade fight? Rose had a tremendous first round. She was near perfection. But in the second round Jessica came forward and really starting hurting Rose. Walking through whatever Rose had to offer. Every leg kick I was looking at the little energy bar at the top of the screen, going down, down, down...

It was competitive as fuck, until it wasn’t. And how the salty tears flowed. Ppl all over the world instantly turned into Brazilian excuse machines. LOL...How often do you see a slam KO in the UFC? How often do you see one in a UFC Championship fight?

Then you get a hype machine like Megan Anderson. Felicia Spencer called her out in the Invicta cage. Post fight with Laura Sanko, Fee said...

Megan Anderson talks a big game, but I’d like to finish what Holly couldn’t...

Of course referring to Holly’s impressive UD win over Megan, in Megan’s UFC debut.

LMAO... I was literally in tears laughing at that callout. Not for any bad reasons. Fee was not even the Invicta champ yet. That was to come in her next fight. But, she is 5’6” tall, and calling out the 6’ tall Amazonian. Just as matter of fact as if she was a 6th grader calling out a 3rd grader.

So, Megan is in attendance. She enters the cage immediately to reply...

This fuckin girl, she don’t want these hands...

How the fuck do you not love every bit of that? No trash talk per se. A fucking ballsy callout, and a badass reply. They shook hands and knew they’d dance one day.

Well, we just saw the culmination of all that. The smaller girl came out and whooped that tall, long ass, even easier than I expected. LMAO. That was one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen.

Now understand... I follow wmma. I love wmma. I know wmma. Fuck the haters. Fuck the “experts”. Fuck the casuals. None of you ppl can pick your own noses. Let alone actually pick these high profile fights correctly.

Almost every single one of you was surprised, and pissed off by how these fights played out. Cyborg was going to crush Amanda, etc and so on.

Rose was easily going to box Jessica up for five whole rounds... If she didn’t sub her in the first cpl of rounds, first...

Megan was going to knock that short, big boned nobody from Invicta via Canada out in about 10 seconds...

LOL. If you said any single one of those things you were wrong. Watch the fucking fights, ppl. If you fancy yourself a gambler. If you think you can correctly predict fights. If you really do love the sport of mma. I suggest you watch these ladies fight. It doesn’t always go the way you think it will. The prettier girl, or more popular, or bigger girl doesn’t always win. And six inches don’t impress anyfuckingbody, alright.

405823-14297790.png

376153-13445003.png

420759-14347149.png

These beautiful athletic talented women make me some of the easiest dollars I’ve ever acquired. I luv, and respect all of them. Please tell me. What is there not to love about any of this?

giphy.gif

It's just pretty much Paige for me.

Although watching Amanda Nunez of late if good.

But the latter is different.

Okay, but the men are better fighters in general. Thanks for all that.

<{Joewithit}>

Limited brain capacity, didn´t read

First response nailed it.

Wmma is unwatchable and only serves as an intermission for a bathroom break during ppv cards.

But where else right NOW do you see any woman ducking any other woman?

I get that the whole point of your post is "there may have been issues with WMMA in the past, but this particular snapshot in time seems pretty good." But that's such a ridiculous stance to take. The skill level in WMMA is such that "any given night" applies doubly - almost any woman has a chance at beating almost any other woman, and there are very few true terrors across the divisions. Given all that, why would anyone duck a fight that improves their rankings? Who do they have to fear? Heck, people even lined up to face Ronda, because even though she was dominant, her flaws were so apparent that there was the constant mindset of, "Yep, I'M going to be the one to dethrone her," even if it never ended up playing out that way.

And though I said there were very few terrors across the divisions, when they were there, they got ducked like crazy. No one wanted to fight Cyborg, and GDR even vacated the belt to avoid the matchup. Same with Shevchenko: Montano couldn't even defend her title with Shevchenko knocking, so she got stripped. As for Rose, how was she supposed to duck anyone? She beat the previous champion twice, was out a year, and then fought the #1 contender. Who would she have called out instead? As for Nunes, she's got a number of potential contenders, but she's been off fighting in a different division, and is likely not going to defend her 145 title. That may not be ducking, but it represents the same inactivity ducking does.

So while WMMA may be interesting right now with fresh new contenders and shakeups at the top spots, your rationale for loving it really doesn't hold much water.

long read, but all good points.
plus, those winning bets are awesome. grats bro.

Back