Fighters that favor Teeps/Front Kicks instead of Roundhouse kicks

Individualthoughtpatterns

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
From memory Semmy Schilt comes to mind as a guy who favors front kicks to the body, but I havent watched his fights in a while.
McGregor used teeps a lot vs Mendes.

Are there any fighters that generally favor front kicks/teeps over roundhouse kicks?

From memory Semmy Schilt comes to mind as a guy who favors front kicks to the body, but I havent watched his fights in a while.

Are there any fighters that generally favor front kicks/teeps over roundhouse kicks?
Amar Suloev was legit versatile, fluidity in his kicks selection...front kicks too.

S5wL6eS.gif

GlitteringZealousLaughingthrush.gif

nate. siver. im sure there is more some guys do it more than others

Euclydes Pereira, Vale Tudo ATG, liked to say that he was usin´ the front kick much b4 Machida or Spider, in the 1960s-70s... Was one of his go-to-move.

I think front kicks (of all varieties) are among the most underutilized weapons in MMA. They can’t be checked. They can’t really be caught or countered with a punch over the top.

Look at the jumping kick Oliveira hit Lentz with this past weekend. How would you counter that? You can avoid it, but I’m not sure how you exploit it. Anderson and Machida on Vitor and Randy was spectacular. And that stabbing body kick really adds up too. And I almost forget Whittaker, really steps into it and buried his foot in his opponent’s breadbasket.

Great weapon.

Jones throws both, but does utilize the front kick a lot.

Just eat it and blast back

CQ9j.gif

<mma4>

Jokes aside.. front kicks, both snap and teep kicks, are valuable for any fighter.

Back