Rashad HOF

jungliquid

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Rashad gets his induction. Apologies if other threads have already been posted on the subject.

Thoughts? Is it deserving? If the decision was yours, and yours alone, would you place him in the hof?

Unfortunately his biggest contribution to mma is this:
<mma2>

Whether he deserves it or not, there's no question UFC is biased about it in favor of people who still work with them after their fighting career ends. They are basically just rewarding Rashad for not being a fuck-up in life like so many ex-fighters become due to brain trauma + mismanaging their money. This is the "At least you're not 2019 Matt Hughes" participation trophy.

Once you start putting guys like Rashad Evans and Michael Bisping in the HOF, you're pretty much saying that anyone who wins a belt is HOF worthy. I think that's watering things down a bit too much IMO.

the only HOF I care about

53086.jpg

short answer: UFC HOF has no transparent criteria and seems to be for whomever they like at a particular time, so yes, he deserves to be in UFC HOF

long answer: rashad is not an all time great. he never defended the belt. his best win was prime phil davis. aside from the rampage fight, he was not a draw (and that fight sucked, btw). he ended his career on a horrible losing streak. injury prone and pulled out of all the fights that would get him in the discussion.
therefore, no, rashad does not belong in the HOF. sorry but simply winning a belt is not HOF-worthy

Most undisputed champions should get in. Also Griffin Ortiz Liddell are in and Rampage and Hendo will prbly get in so that is 5 hof'ers that Rashad beat. Also if Jon Jones didn't exist then Rashad may of won more belts.

Guys like Donald Cerrone, and Dan Henderson deserve to get, no other non champs off the top of my head

Whether he deserves it or not, there's no question UFC is biased about it in favor of people who still work with them after their fighting career ends. They are basically just rewarding Rashad for not being a fuck-up in life like so many ex-fighters become due to brain trauma + mismanaging their money. This is the "At least you're not 2019 Matt Hughes" participation trophy.
Fuck you man Matt got hit by a fucking train that was going 47 MPH.

There's no criteria whatsoever when it comes to anyone being inducted into their hall of fame. No credence should be put into what they do whatsoever.

There's no balloting. Literally a popularity contest.

Rashad evans became champ once and lost it the first time he defended it.

Come think of it...His career is vastly overrated.

His biggest contribution to MMA was being somewhat "mainstream" and was part of a few big PPVs......Rashad was never truly a huge star though

101246669.jpg.0.jpg

Couldn't agree more in regards to "no set criteria" existing to warrant inductions.

It's the UFC Hall of Fame so no real standards, but Rashad does deserve it.

Frank Shamrock isn't in because most ufc brass fucking hate his guts.

There is already a list of Steroid guys in it, Coleman, Ken Shamrock list goes on and on So it seems like Jon Jones and Co will get in.

https://www.ufc.com/ufc-hall-fame

sakuraba and serra are not worthy but dana loves both of them.

Last edited:
Hell fucking yeah.

Dudes dont realize Rashad won the LHW belt on an undefeated TEAR. He seemed unstoppable laying Chuck and Forrest out in spectacular fashion plus he dominated TUF heavyweight to win it.

Hes from that era where LHW was great filled w killers, before Jones rode to town and ended everyones career.

I dont have a problem with it. I'd like to see Shogun get in there before him but I guess they usually wait until you retire

IMO he just barely makes the cut. Just barely.

Much more deserving than Bisping, Serra, Forest, or Bonnar that is for sure. Those guys have no business in HoF whatsoever.

I dont have a problem with it. I'd like to see Shogun get in there before him but I guess they usually wait until you retire
They don't. That's another super weird thing. BJ is rattling off seven straight losses and he's sitting in their HoF lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back