Who is the Most Unfairly Maligned Fighter on Sherdog?

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
1. Ronda Rousey. Rousey is treated like an overrated bum for losses to Amanda Nunes and Holly Holm. This is notwithstanding that Rousey finished/dominated girls who beat Nunes/Holm (Alexis Davis, Cat Zingano, Miesha Tate).

2. Colton Smith. Colton Smith got heat for saying "this is easy", and then getting quickly cut by the UFC. In retrospect, he lost to Chiesa, Whittaker, and Carlos Diego Ferreira, who are all top fighters right now.

3. Cody Mckenzie. People act like Mckenzie is a bum even though he went 3-4 in the UFC, and of his four losses, three were competitive. (Only Chad Mendes blew him out.) More to the point, Cody Mckenzie dominated Leonard Garcia for 15 minutes in April 2013. The same Leonard Garcia who 4 months prior had been robbed against Max Holloway, and six months later KO'ed now surging contender Kevin Aguilar.

Stopped at "Ronda"

Seriously, why are there people who don't get the hate? She had horrible technique and the media and everyone involved acted like she was good because she beat other female "fighters" while there are hard-working talented guys that get no exposure because no tits.

Obviously - Jon Jones. People don't know shit about science.

No-one. Sherbros only malign people fairly

Jon Jones
Jose Aldo
Anderson Silva
Fedor

Hmmmmmmm, I'm seeing a trend here...

Kevin Lee this week

Conor and Ron all-time

Honestly the only thing which I find inacceptable at this point is that people don't call Fighter Kevin Lee with his full name.

That being said, after his last two shit-tier performances, he can count himself lucky he still has a job.

Yeah, shame on us for not giving him a 15th chance of redemption of being a decent human being.
Did he let you down? Why do you care what kind of person he is in the first place?

Sorry bub. Those are all scrubs. Only room for future champs like Erick Silva and Kevin Lee here

Stopped at "Ronda"

Seriously, why are there people who don't get the hate? She had horrible technique and the media and everyone involved acted like she was good because she beat other female "fighters" while there are hard-working talented guys that get no exposure because no tits.

Some of Ronda's technique was laughably bad, some was amazingly good. I don't think she's unfairly maligned in terms of personality or any of that, but as a fighter she is often treated as if she were a lot worse than she was.

Def Cody. He was a decent fighter before he got hard into drugs and alcohol. He's better than guys like Randy Brown or Mickey Gall

Stopped at "Ronda"

White knights gonna white knight.

Stipe and Joanna. Everyone turned on them hard after they were dethroned.

Mike Russow gets a lot of shit on here for his vicious assault on a clearly KO'd Todd Duffee, but I say you go until the ref drags you away

Some of Ronda's technique was laughably bad, some was amazingly good. I don't think she's unfairly maligned in terms of personality or any of that, but as a fighter she is often treated as if she were a lot worse than she was.
100% this. alot of her hate came from her acting like a c word. Her horrid attitude and the "ronda beats mayweather" shit was retarded and forced down people throats. i have a friend in real life who at that time would argue with me "what can floyd do to her".

as a ronda fan i understand why she had crazy push back upon defeat. but she was a damned good Champion and will have that record for title defenses for a long time. (nunes seems to want to retire soon)

Back