Alexander Shlemenko Close to Signing to the UFC

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Russian journalist Alexei Safonov said that his sources had announced the possible signing of Alexander Shlemenko at the UFC, as well as the participation of Storm in the Russian promotion tournament, which is to be held in Sochi.

"Today Storm has a birthday, with which I congratulate him) I did not want to give this info today and mix my personal holiday with working moments, but you know, one day and infa will swim away)

How can I sing the birds, one of the gifts become the main fight of Sasha in Sochi. At the moment it is under discussion, but so far everything is moving towards such a development of events. I trust the source, it remains to believe that nothing will break) We are waiting for signing of Shlemenko in the UFC ;) Also, the birds told that at the tournament in Sochi we can t fight Tsirkunov Misha "- said Alexey Safonov.

Recall that Alexander Shlemenko appealed to Dana White and proposed his candidacy to replace Tyrone Woodley, who was injured and could not fight with Robbie Lawler.

https://mmaboxing.ru/news/news-mma/...t-vystupit-na-turnire-UFC-v-Rossii-44420.html

I like this guy but all I could read was *&&^%%__LKNUCTRD^%D^T&G(*JUDEDFH$%%ER

He's a fun fighter but he won't get too far in the rankings. Match him up with Uriah Hall.

...this signing is like...6 years too late...

But still enjoy seeing him fight...

Meh, would of been a decent signing 5 years ago. Don't see him cracking the top 10.

I cannot find his pay from Bellator 185 or 208. In 2015 at Bellator 133 he made $20k (source).

He's a great pickup for this event. My guess is they offered him $45k/$45k and he accepted it gladly.

Didn’t he like.. break the ratio scale for TRT

In before the string of excuses why he was not successful after he leaves the UFC on a losing streak

His first fight will be vs USADA.

I don’t fucking like Russian vs Russian fights in international promotions

Him vs Gastelum would be great first fight for him in the UFC.

To be fair, he hasn't been doing hot for a while now. Dude is 35 years old and has had a shit load of fights.

And the excuses have started...note that when UFC fighters leave for another org in their mid-30s with a ton of mileage they aren't allowed such excuses. Schlemenko has had a lot of fights, but only about 15-20 are against well-known, high quality opponents.

To be fair, he hasn't been doing hot for a while now. Dude is 35 years old and has had a shit load of fights.
This is true but absolutely no one can deny his record is padded beyond belief. Although "anything can happen", he would fit the exact same pattern of overhyped fighters like Lombard coming to the UFC and completely falling apart even if he did cross over during his prime.

And the excuses have started...note that when UFC fighters leave for another org in their mid-30s with a ton of mileage they aren't allowed such excuses. Schlemenko has had a lot of fights, but only about 15-20 are against well-known, high quality opponents.
He has a lot of fights and mileage, its not even debatable... Hes 35 with 71 MMA fights.

I don't know what you're talking about when you're talking about UFC fighters leaving the UFC.

Do you watch MMA outside of the UFC? He's obviously not the fighter he was when he was the Bellator champion on a big winning streak.

There is absolutely no way he is in his prime.

He has a lot of fights and mileage, its not even debatable... Hes 35 with 71 MMA fights.

I don't know what you're talking about when you're talking about UFC fighters leaving the UFC.

Do you watch MMA outside of the UFC? He's obviously not the fighter he was when he was the Bellator champion on a big winning streak.

There is absolutely no way he is in his prime.

A good example is Bendo (also age 35 and has fought more elite fighters than Schlemenko). He has clearly been going downhill since he lost his title to Pettis. But when he went to Bellator (past his prime) and lost SDs to Frieire and Chandler, some said that was "proof" that Bellator LWs were just as good as UFC LWs....despite Will Brooks going to the UFC at the same and getting humiliated. By the time Bendo went to Bellator, he wasn't even a Top 5 LW in the UFC any longer.

This is true but absolutely no one can deny his record is padded beyond belief. Although "anything can happen", he would fit the exact same pattern of overhyped fighters like Lombard coming to the UFC and completely falling apart even if he did cross over during his prime.

Yep, Lombard and Shields both came to the UFC with double-digit win streaks....then got a quick reality check.

Back