Rockhold promoted to champ?

Josh Koshercheck

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If Silva retired after the Bonnar fight, would Rockhold been promoted to champion like Ronda did from Strikeforce? I know women’s division didn’t exist and MW did so perhaps Rockhold v Weidman for vacant title?

Rockhold is probably the most skilled MW but his chin went on strike and never came back.

If Silva retired after the Bonnar fight, would Rockhold been promoted to champion like Ronda did from Strikeforce? I know women’s division didn’t exist and MW did so perhaps Rockhold v Weidman for vacant title?
No sir.

Guys like Bisping, Munoz, Vitor ect would of been ahead of him

The Ronda situation was unique

there was no women's division in UFC before Ronda

if anderson had retired, luke would have fought TRTitor for the vacant belt

Rockhold is probably the most skilled MW but his chin went on strike and never came back.

Ya on the ground. He has the most overrated striking ever. Wicked kicks. Terrible defense. Mediocre boxing.

Elbows too pointy.

I disagee. he's a very good kicker and BJJ artist but has plenty of holes in his game.

Nowhere near the most skilled MW. In terms of overall well-rounded skill set, he’s probably one of the most overrated. Sure, his top game is superb, and he has a dangerous left kick, but other than that, there’s nothing else that is special about him. Average boxing, no Muay Thai clinch. Not much of an offensive wrestler, and his striking defense is terrible

and no, just because the merger happened rockhold would not have been promoted to champ.

ufc 157 was to crown the first womans champ in the ufc.

That depends on if Rockhold were to bend over for Dana.

He could have possibly fought for a vacant belt but I think they would have gone with Weidman v Vitor. They were the two surging MWs at the time.

Pretty sure Ronda was announced as the first women's champ at a press conference.

Yep, I was right.

so what. she was the champ with strikefore. it like how jose aldo came into the ufc from the wec.

so what. she was the champ with strikefore. it like how jose aldo came into the ufc from the wec.
So nothing lol. You thought she fought for the vacant belt and I just corrected you. Helax...

You should ask him, TS. We all will be on standby for your response.

Luke Rockhold is an attractive man, absolutely no ghey of course.

Back