*Is Sage Northcutt's a career ending injury?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
I mean, of course he would heal and could be able to fight again. There have been plenty of guys with broken orbitals (althought that was really bad) who kept fighting. But, an injury like that would take his soul? Similar to Rory's nose after Lawler. Sage would realize the dangers of fighting and could consider it's not that worthy for a guy that could make a living as a celebrity, be surrounded by hot girls, even go back to engineering?
What do tough guys like all sherdoggers think about it.

Who knows? That’s up to Sage.

That said, I don’t think it would be impossible to make a comeback...

2951C35F-9658-4DEB-B808-B31579F65F5A.jpeg

Hard to tell with Sage, he’s always smiling that creepy smile of his. I imagine he’ll be on the shelf for a while so he might just end up retiring.

If the only thing was physical damage, then no. But, if the injury reaches his psychology, and every time an opponent feints, he starts to get scared that his pretty face will get smashed again, and he is going to look ugly and lose his pretty boy endorsement deals, then yes, it will be a career derailing injury.

Brandon Vera was never the same after he got his face broken.

Neither was Josh Koschek.

He'll probably still fight, but he's going nowhere. He'll be gunshy, and he wasn't very good to begin with.

Michael Bisping won a UFC title with 1 eye.

fractured bones in your face heal, getting blinded is forever.

Sage can continue, the injury is bad but it's not an uncommon injury. Cub Swanson said he had similar injury, and Josh Emmett is back fighting also.

i think he should retire though, because he's not good and he'll only get hurt in oneFC because they don't spoon feed you softies. it's trial by fire, and i don't think Sage's body will hold up to the beatings that his skills, or lack thereof, will allow to happen to him.

Cub Swanson had the same injury and he's back on his feet.

Hard to say from the mental aspect. Sage never struck me as a typical mentality. So this might have some counter-intuitive motivating effect.

One thing can't be argued: bah gawd his face was broken in half

Screenshot_20190520-091804_Opera.jpg

I dont think Sage actually wants to be a fighter, but his Dad is pressuring him to be

Brandon Vera was never the same after he got his face broken.

Neither was Josh Koschek.

He'll probably still fight, but he's going nowhere. He'll be gunshy, and he wasn't very good to begin with.

And despite winning the Bellator belt, Rory hasn't been the same since Lawler shattered his nose.

Bones will heal in a few months. I am not sure if Sage would want to be at risk of getting into a similar situation.

He might buy his way into the petroleum engineering program. But the gov't is really cracking down on college bribes. I also doubt he is smart enough to get an engineering degree.

Depends on how his scars heal up,

He doesn't look like that type of guy who is down with scars on his face...

Crazy to see how his skull crushes as easy as an Apple tho...

I mean, of course he would heal and could be able to fight again. There have been plenty of guys with broken orbitals (althought that was really bad) who kept fighting. But, an injury like that would take his soul? Similar to Rory's nose after Lawler. Sage would realize the dangers of fighting and could consider it's not that worthy for a guy that could make a living as a celebrity, be surrounded by hot girls, even go back to engineering?
What do tough guys like all sherdoggers think about it.
He has Jesus in his life, I think his soul will be fine.

Hard to tell with Sage, he’s always smiling that creepy smile of his. I imagine he’ll be on the shelf for a while so he might just end up retiring.
Yep my bet is that he will announce his retirement from MMA sometime later this year. He'll be perhaps picking up work doing other things, or whatever his management team thinks is do-able.
Would not surprise me to hear he's got a part in some new action movie, bit like Bisping etc.

look close in the hand raise photo looks like the left side of Sage's face is smashed in
that can't be good

He
Yep my bet is that he will announce his retirement from MMA sometime later this year. He'll be perhaps picking up work doing other things, or whatever his management team thinks is do-able.
Would not surprise me to hear he's got a part in some new action movie, bit like Bisping etc.

Bisbing is an F-list crap action movie bit part actor.

Sage will be more respectable than that.

depends on if his eye is affected. orbital breaks can affect the muscles that move the eye, because they are attached to the orbital bones.

Back