Kevin Lee has to go back to the drawing board

DbosComin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He looked bad out there, wasn't moving well at all. Slow, plodding, gassed easily. I've seen heavyweights move with more speed. Definitely not a contender at 170.

He better pray they open up a 165 lb division. He's too big for 155, but he's not a natural 170 lb'er.

Hasnt he even said the same thing about his weight?

He wouldn't look any better at 165. He had a size advantage over RDA.

Actually... if he didn't gas by the second round he might have edged out a decision. Rafa is a well rounded beast, Lee seemed to start giving up mentally when he was getting out wrestled and then not even attempting to defend choke.

People just need to curb their expectations with this guy.

I think if he changed teams and went too Mark Henry or Trevor Whitman and put in a good 6-12 months until he fought again, he'd be a beast

He gassed himself pressing too hard for the takedowns. He was doing very well on his feet. He should've kept there while he was fresh & went for the late takedowns. He put on such a tremendous pace & you could see Dos Anjos biding his time & purposely resting at certain points. I was surprised Kevin was going so hard for it & wish he would've continued to trade more. That's a rough loss & 3 of 4. He made a lot of sacrifices for the camp & lost to someone who really should've been the betting favourite based on history. RDA looked great & so did Kevin, just a gameplan thing imo

He gassed himself pressing too hard for the takedowns. He was doing very well on his feet. He should've kept there while he was fresh & went for the late takedowns. He put on such a tremendous pace & you could see Dos Anjos biding his time & purposely resting at certain points. I was surprised Kevin was going so hard for it & wish he would've continued to trade more. That's a rough loss & 3 of 4. He made a lot of sacrifices for the camp & lost to someone who really should've been the betting favourite based on history. RDA looked great & so did Kevin, just a gameplan thing imo

And experience — rda did a really good job pacing himself and really
Turned it on towards the end while lee burned himself out in the first

Kevin Lee has to go back to school and find another profession. This ain’t working out cuz.

Actually... if he didn't gas by the second round he might have edged out a decision. Rafa is a well rounded beast, Lee seemed to start giving up mentally when he was getting out wrestled and then not even attempting to defend choke.
Yeah I’m a brown belt n Bjj and I could tell he was dog tired and mentally checked out . He knows better than to reach around and out like that while mounted and leave your arm dangling out there. It’s Bjj 101. He was looking fir out and though it was a tight arm triangle , Lee’s a strong dude who coulda did telephone defense and survived fir longer ...had he at least tried. Sad. Dudes kinda mentally weak but super talented.

He should probably go ask Tony for his soul back. He hasn't been the same since getting submitted by Ferguson right when he was on the cusp of title contention. He's lost two out of his last three fights since lol.

Why was he given that interim title shot again? He has one good win. UFC have been pushing hard to make this guy a star and it has backfired. Too much too soon.

He didn`t looked bad. I mean.. he is not top tier material either at 155 or 170.

His striking looked better, his grappling looking good but he is no nearly as strong as guys like Snoozeman, Askren or Colby.

His cardio is also shit. Either he does not put the work (unlikely) or he is not naturally gifted.

He should lose some unnecessary muscle and go back to 155.

He just looked terrible though, so slow even before he gassed out. Woodley or even Lawler would tear him to pieces.

He should get a nutritionist, work on his cardio, and go back down to 155.

He needs a coach who will teach him how to maximize his reach and how to set up takedowns rather than force them. Tristar, or Edgar's camp in Jersey would be a good match.

He throws too hard without much variance.

That shit sapped his energy quick. If he ain’t the bully in the cage, then he cannot win a finesse game.

He looked bad out there, wasn't moving well at all. Slow, plodding, gassed easily. I've seen heavyweights move with more speed. Definitely not a contender at 170.

He better pray they open up a 165 lb division. He's too big for 155, but he's not a natural 170 lb'er.
he looked alright but he needs to work on his cardio and striking more. He almost had RDA's back and Kevin is really dangerous if he has the back, but he couldn't secure it and it cost him. He looked a little slow

I don’t think 5lbs is going to make a difference for Lee.

He looked like he either had no confidence in his striking or thought that he had a massive advantage wrestling..the threw combos and quickly went for the clinch..when he wasn't losing in the stand up. It's frustrating rooting for him. Maybe something RDA connected with hurt him and he didn't want any more..bottom line, He either needs a better camp..or needs to start his broadcasting career. 165 would make no difference.

Back