Why do fighters that clearly lost a decision raise their hands in a victory hose?

King Pun**

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Fighter A lost 3 rounds but still raises their hands like this:

images

This happens all the time. Sometimes even when their corner told them that they were down 2.

is it harderer for a fighter to know they got there ass beat two ways to electric avenue?

Are they trying to pop off to the judges to get a round?

That is the question.

They just had three rounds of their conermen shouting to keep your hands up?

You never know when judges are involved, so you might as well project a good image.

images

This happens all the time. Sometimes even when their corner told them that they were down 2.

is it harderer for a fighter to know they got there ass beat two ways to electric avenue?

That is the question.

ugh... "harderer"???? Sorry man, that stings :)

But IMO it is a combination of things.
first, when you are fighting, a lot of times you see the fight differently.
But also you just finished a hard fought battle, and you salute the audience.

But this also comes from old times, where they though they could steer the judges if they acted like they won.
It's akin to when they kick, and their corner screams like celebrating the kick.... even if it didn't hit or were blocked. it gives the impression the fighter is doing great, and attempt to pass this to the judges.

Last edited:
Because getting punched in the head can fuck up your perceptions. Or they're delusional and think they deserve it despite knowing they had a shit performance.

Moral victory kinda thing just to boost their esteem.

I dunno, trying to get that win bonus? I guess I might do everything I can to get it when it is literally half the damn paycheck

Reason 1: Adrenaline

Reason 2: They probably don't realize they are losing and want to leave an impression in the judges' eyes in the event that it's close. The body language of each fighter after the fight does influence viewers on a subconscious level.

Reason 3: Also, it's a lot less clear in mma if you're up or not considering there is no "official score" shown during the fight. Fighters' corners are rarely truthful to them in between rounds.

The better question is, does TS not know the difference between a H and a P?

When you get hit, you shake it off. You know he might have touched you, but it didn't hurt, so in your mind, it's basically a zero. They could 'touch' you 20 times, but you're ok, so it's really just still all zero. Then you get a hit on them and you know you didn't hit guard or hands, you connected, maybe even flush. So that means you got one up on him. But in his mind, he's doing the same thing you're doing. He shook it off and he's ok, so it's still 20-0 in their mind.

images

That is the question.
Because they're stupid enough to think they won? Remember that guy who knocked himself out on a slam and was devastated that it was ruled a no contest? The sport is full of idiots like that, so it's no surprise to me.

When you get hit, you shake it off. You know he might have touched you, but it didn't hurt, so in your mind, it's basically a zero. They could 'touch' you 20 times, but you're ok, so it's really just still all zero. Then you get a hit on them and you know you didn't hit guard or hands, you connected, maybe even flush. So that means you got one up on him. But in his mind, he's doing the same thing you're doing. He shook it off and he's ok, so it's still 20-0 in their mind.
I had a fight where I blocked a lot and the fuckers were counting the strikes. Do your best to finish because human perception is flawed on all sides.

Back