Is Kevin Lee the Adrian Broner of MMA?

KevinLee

✮ ✮ RICH KING LIVING IN JEI'S HEAD✮ ✮
@Brown
Reaction score
Is Kevin Lee the Adrian Broner of MMA? Dude imitating another flamboyant fighter that gets his ass beat in all his big fights?

Only difference is broner had a lot of potential but he threw it all away

Nah.

Lee seems like a good dude outside the cage, Boner is a POS

They also fight nothing alike.
Boner is low output, defense minded, Lee is high pressure aggressive.

Broner has all the talent in the world just seems to have a mental block... Lee has a lot of holes in his game and needs to put all that talking into training... But I guess, both "could" be great...

No, Broner was a world champion.
Boxing has like 15 titles and anyone could become a world champion. Broner didnt beat any legit world champions to win his world titles.

Your username and AV have aged well...

To be fair has gatekeeper level. It's a tough sport but he doesn't strike me as the humble type and he isn't getting no easy paths to a title shot.

Broner has all the talent in the world just seems to have a mental block... Lee has a lot of holes in his game and needs to put all that talking into training... But I guess, both "could" be great...

No, no he doesn't. Most overrated boxer of the modern era. Where is all this talent? Even 40 year old Pacquiao was clearly more talented and athletic.

Broner is an absolute fucking hypejob. Got a gift decision against Ponce De Leon, and had a close competitive fight against Paulie.

Not really sure what all this Lee hate is about. "omg lost in the 4th of a close fight to RDA!"=choke artist
Dude's resume is solid AF and he is a threat against anyone. And I don't even like the guy.

To ts - it's not the worst comparison. I mean, Broner is more accomplished, and stylewise they are nothing alike, but they are both highly irritating hypejobs so they have that in common. In that sense, Lee kind of is the Broner of MMA - overhyped, overrated, and you never tire of wanting to see them get their faces bashed in and brought down a peg ;)

Not really sure what all this Lee hate is about. "omg lost in the 4th of a close fight to RDA!"=choke artist
Dude's resume is solid AF and he is a threat against anyone. And I don't even like the guy.

The truth is somewhere in the middle tbh. I am no Lee fan, but at first I thought he was underrated - he is very strong with good wrestling, and can clearly fight a bit.

At the same time there's a lot of truth to what people are saying now, he is severely lacking in heart and cardio. He is almost like the wrestling version of Conor.

I would say no.
RDA beat Robbie Lawler, Neil Magny at Welterweight.
Also Cerrone, Pettis, Nate Diaz, Bendo ect at Lightweight
That is a tough first fight going up a weight. Kevin should of been fighting a WW that was not as good. Bit of more then he could chew.
On the other hand Broner barely squeeked by Jessie Vargas and that is Broners best win.

Is Kevin Lee the Adrian Broner of MMA? Dude imitating another flamboyant fighter that gets his ass beat in all his big fights?
LOL

At this point, this seems like a good comparison. However, MMA has more mercy than boxing. Dustin Poirier could be fighting for a title, and Michael Bisping became a UFC Champion. So, it is to early to make final deliberations on Kevin Lee's MMA career.

Boxing is different because the sport is older and much more refined. Also, promoters only match their fighters with opponents they are pretty confident they can beat. This is why losing in boxing can be devastating.

However, MMA is different. In MMA a fighter can struggle because at specific point in time, the competition is just too good for him. But if the fighter hangs on (Michael Bisping and Dustin Poirier), the hard match-ups can get old, injured or move to a different promotion, and one great performance can earn a popular fighter who was quite never good enough another shot at the title.

Kevin Lee's psychological talent will determine if he is finished or not. Physically, he is only 26 and he can focus on beating cans to keep his name relevant while closing the gaps in his skills, until all the tough match-ups have moved on, and at 30-35 he could be a vet having his way with young hype trains, to earn himself another title shot.

Because he has corny trash talk then under delivers

Back