Can we finally get RDA vs Woodley?

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Woodley pulled out of his rematch with lawler, which was a dumb rematch in the first place. I assume he won't be out for too long. RDA just fought so he probably needs a little break. I think the timing is right for this match.

I've wanted RDA vs Woodley ever since RDA moved to WW

Former LW champ vs. former WW champ.

Do you think we'll see this fight?

Yeah I love that fight tbh. RDA has a shot if he can push the pace and put volume on Tyron.

Rda can beat this old, rusty , worn out version of Woodley.

Let's do this action Dana

Rda can beat this old, rusty , worn out version of Woodley.
He was just 2 on the WW GOAT list for most people just 1 fight ago. He loses to Usman and now he's a rust, worn out version of Woodley.

BTW I dont think he is 2 on the WW GOAT list, I think my favourite fighter in Lawler is, but thats all opinion. I just wanted to point that out before I get called out for some dumb shit.

Sure as long as it's like middle of a ppv and not headlining a fight night because that'd probably manifest a boring card commentated by Brendan Fitzgerald and Paul Felder

Joe Martinez, etc

I'm cool with it. Woodley can't push the wrestling and RDA has lots of tools on the feet and is hard to knock out.

Hate to say it but imo Tryon lights him up like a Christmas tree...Lee was having success in the stand up and Woodley is a better striker than Lee when he let's his hands go. RDA has a lot of miles on him in the cage and seemed a bit slow to me.

I like it. Gives both RDA and Woodley a legit shot to put themselves back on the map for a title shot.Fight makes sense for both guys.

I would favor Woodley though.

Hate to say it but imo Tryon lights him up like a Christmas tree...Lee was having success in the stand up and Woodley is a better striker than Lee when he let's his hands go. RDA has a lot of miles on him in the cage and seemed a bit slow to me.
How is Woodley a better striker? He throws a good overhand right behind different setups, which is extremely powerful, but it's the only weapon he has. RDA is a way more skilled kickboxer from every range

He was just 2 on the WW GOAT list for most people just 1 fight ago. He loses to Usman and now he's a rust, worn out version of Woodley.

Lets say that these 2 fight. Tyron will be a 37 year old guy who got man handled from bell to bell in his las fight and coming off a recurring hand issue. Rda is 34, not a spring chicken but he will be coming off a win that will boost his confidence. In mma one fight can change you forever or father time just decides to knock on your door and you are never the same. Robbie never came back from that brutal KO from Tyron.

I still think that Woodley would be favourite and should be able to win but if there is any chance for Rda to steal a win that time is NOW. Momentum is real... at least to me, Im just sharing my view on it.

Define "having success", because Lee was outstruck in every round technically and suffered more damage which was visible on his face. Woodley has more power than Lee, but he is extremely predictable and he has zero chance of actually outworking RDA on the feet if he doesn't land his right hand.

Woodley doesn't seem to want to fight anyone that has a chance of beating him. As evidenced by fighting a scrub like Till. He probably thought he could outwork Usman and obviously with Usman you don't have to fear a KO.

RDA has all the tools to beat Woodley, therefore Woodley won't fight him.

I think I would favour RDA. RDA's weakness is high pressure wrestlers, he was on the wrong end of some really shitty style matchups in Colby and Usman.

Woodley is not a high pressure wrestler, he doesn't have anywhere near the workrate and cardio to even use wrestling in MMA, for anything other than defence really. He is an extremely low output counter striker.

Therefore if RDA can avoid getting KTFO by a counter right hand, he should outwork and outclass Woodley for a clear decision.

Yeah I love that fight tbh. RDA has a shot if he can push the pace and put volume on Tyron.
He could wrestle fuk Woodley actually. Woodley is a wrestler that contacted Hendoitis (when a world class wrestler forget how to wrestle and falls in love with the big bomb) and not only forgot how to wrestle but actually sucks at now.

Woodley got outwrestled by Wonderboy, that is how shit his D1 pedigree has become.

I think I would favour RDA. RDA's weakness is high pressure wrestlers, he was on the wrong end of some really shitty style matchups in Colby and Usman.

I mean RDA literally got knocked out in the first round with Alvarez, which was entirely a boxing match. The fight with Ferguson had a little bit of everything but Tony isn't much of a offensive wrestler, and he out worked him.

RDA seems to be most successful when he can out wrestle and out pressure guys. He isn't going to out wrestle Tyron and he seems to have trouble when he doesn't have an advantage with physicality.

RDA wins this fight if Tyron is legit past it and he's done being the Woodley we know.

This is a fun fight and honestly the Lawler fight didn't make all that much sense in the division.

Back